2006 New Mexico Statutes - Article 4A — Funds Transfers, 55-4A-101 through 55-4A-507.
Part 1. SUBJECT MATTER AND DEFINITIONS
- 55-4A-101 — Short title.
- 55-4A-102 — Subject matter.
- 55-4A-103 — Payment order; definitions.
- 55-4A-104 — Funds transfer; definitions.
- 55-4A-105 — Other definitions.
- 55-4A-106 — Time payment order is received.
- 55-4A-107 — Federal reserve regulations and operating circulars.
- 55-4A-108 — Exclusion of consumer transactions governed by federal law.
Part 2. ISSUE AND ACCEPTANCE OF PAYMENT ORDER
- 55-4A-201 — Security procedure.
- 55-4A-202 — Authorized and verified payment orders.
- 55-4A-203 — Unenforceability of certain verified payment orders.
- 55-4A-204 — Refund of payment and duty of customer to report with respect to unauthorized payment order.
- 55-4A-205 — Erroneous payment orders.
- 55-4A-206 — Transmission of payment order through funds-transfer or other communication system.
- 55-4A-207 — Misdescription of beneficiary.
- 55-4A-208 — Misdescription of intermediary bank or beneficiary's bank.
- 55-4A-209 — Acceptance of payment order.
- 55-4A-210 — Rejection of payment order.
- 55-4A-211 — Cancellation and amendment of payment order.
- 55-4A-212 — Liability and duty of receiving bank regarding unaccepted payment order.
Part 3. EXECUTION OF SENDER'S PAYMENT ORDER BY RECEIVING BANK
- 55-4A-301 — Execution and execution date.
- 55-4A-302 — Obligations of receiving bank in execution of payment order.
- 55-4A-303 — Erroneous execution of payment order.
- 55-4A-304 — Duty of sender to report erroneously executed payment order.
- 55-4A-305 — Liability for late or improper execution or failure to execute payment order.
Part 4. PAYMENT
- 55-4A-401 — Payment date.
- 55-4A-402 — Obligation of sender to pay receiving bank.
- 55-4A-403 — Payment by sender to receiving bank.
- 55-4A-404 — Obligation of beneficiary's bank to pay and give notice to beneficiary.
- 55-4A-405 — Payment by beneficiary's bank to beneficiary.
- 55-4A-406 — Payment by originator to beneficiary; discharge of underlying obligation.
Part 5. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
- 55-4A-501 — Variation by agreement and effect of funds-transfer system rule.
- 55-4A-502 — Creditor process served on receiving bank; set-off by beneficiary's bank.
- 55-4A-503 — Injunction or restraining order with respect to funds transfer.
- 55-4A-504 — Order in which items and payment orders may be charged to account; order of withdrawals from account.
- 55-4A-505 — Preclusion of objection to debit of customer's account.
- 55-4A-506 — Rate of interest.
- 55-4A-507 — Choice of law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.