2006 New Mexico Statutes - Section 30-1-15 — Alleged victims of domestic abuse, stalking or sexual assault; forbearance of costs.
30-1-15. Alleged victims of domestic abuse, stalking or sexual assault; forbearance of costs.
A. An alleged victim of an offense specified in Subsection B of this section is not required to bear the cost of:
(1) filing a criminal charge against an alleged perpetrator of the offense;
(2) the issuance or service of a warrant;
(3) the issuance or service of a witness subpoena; or
(4) the issuance or service of a protection order.
B. The provisions of Subsection A of this section apply to alleged victims of domestic abuse as defined in Section 40-13-2 NMSA 1978 and:
(4) the violation of an order of protection described in Subsection E of Section 40-13-6 NMSA 1978.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.