2006 New Mexico Statutes - Section 21-13-18.1 — Regular community college election; resolution; publication.
21-13-18.1. Regular community college election; resolution; publication.
A. The community college board shall issue a resolution in English and Spanish calling for a regular community college election within the community college district on the date prescribed by the Community College Act [ 21-13-1 NMSA 1978]. The resolution shall be filed with each county clerk in the community college district on the third Friday in December of each even-numbered year.
B. The resolution shall specify:
(1) the date the election will be held;
(2) the positions on the board to be filled;
(3) the date on which declarations of candidacy are to be filed;
(4) the date on which declarations of intent to be a write-in candidate are to be filed;
(5) any questions to be submitted to the voters;
(6) the precincts in each county in which the election is to be held and the location of each polling place;
(7) the hours each polling place will be open; and
(8) the date and time of the closing of the registration books by the county clerks as required by law.
C. In the event that only one candidate files a declaration of candidacy for each position to be filled at an election and no declared write-in candidates have filed for any position in which there is any other candidate, and there are no questions or bond issues on the ballot, only one polling place for the election shall be designated and it shall be in the office of the county clerk of the county in which the community college is located.
D. In any election held under the Community College Act, the county clerk shall perform the duties of the precinct board and no other precinct board shall be appointed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Mexico may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.