There is a newer version of this Title
2020 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2C - The New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice
- Section 2C:1-1 - Short title; rules of construction
- Section 2C:1-2 - Purposes; principles of construction
- Section 2C:1-3 - Territorial applicability
- Section 2C:1-4 - Classes of offenses
- Section 2C:1-5 - Abolition of common law crimes; all offenses defined by statute; application of general provisions of the code; limitation of local government laws
- Section 2C:1-6 - Time limitations.
- Section 2C:1-8 - Method of prosecution when conduct constitutes more than one offense
- Section 2C:1-9 - When prosecution barred by former prosecution for the same offense
- Section 2C:1-10 - When prosecution barred by former prosecution for different offense
- Section 2C:1-11 - Former prosecution in another jurisdiction: when a bar
- Section 2C:1-12 - Former prosecution before court lacking jurisdiction or when fraudulently procured by the defendant
- Section 2C:1-13 - Proof beyond a reasonable doubt; affirmative defenses; burden of proving fact when not an element of an offense
- Section 2C:1-14 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:2-1 - Requirement of voluntary act; omission as basis of liability; possession as an act
- Section 2C:2-2 - General requirements of culpability
- Section 2C:2-3 - Causal relationship between conduct and result; divergence between result designed, contemplated or risked and actual result
- Section 2C:2-4 - Ignorance or mistake
- Section 2C:2-5 - Defenses generally
- Section 2C:2-6 - Liability for conduct of another; complicity
- Section 2C:2-7 - Liability of corporations and persons acting, or under a duty to act, in their behalf
- Section 2C:2-8 - Intoxication
- Section 2C:2-9 - Duress
- Section 2C:2-10 - Consent
- Section 2C:2-11 - De minimis infractions
- Section 2C:2-12 - Entrapment
- Section 2C:3-1 - Justification an affirmative defense; civil remedies unaffected
- Section 2C:3-2 - Necessity and other justifications in general
- Section 2C:3-3 - Execution of public duty
- Section 2C:3-4 - Use of force in self-protection.
- Section 2C:3-5 - Use of force for the protection of other persons
- Section 2C:3-6 - Use of force in defense of premises or personal property
- Section 2C:3-7 - Use of force in law enforcement
- Section 2C:3-8 - Use of force by persons with special responsibility for care, discipline or safety of others
- Section 2C:3-9 - Mistake of law as to unlawfulness of force or legality of arrest; reckless or negligent use of excessive but otherwise justifiable force; reckless or negligent injury or risk of injury to innocent persons
- Section 2C:3-10 - Justification in property crimes
- Section 2C:3-11 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:4-1 - Insanity defense
- Section 2C:4-2 - Evidence of mental disease or defect admissible when relevant to element of the offense
- Section 2C:4-3 - Requirement of notice
- Section 2C:4-4 - Mental incompetence excluding fitness to proceed
- Section 2C:4-5 - Psychiatric or psychological examination of defendant with respect to fitness to proceed.
- Section 2C:4-6 - Determination of fitness to proceed; effect of finding of unfitness; proceedings if fitness is regained; post-commitment hearing
- Section 2C:4-7 - Disposition
- Section 2C:4-8 - Commitment of a person by reason of insanity
- Section 2C:4-9 - Release of persons committed by reason of insanity
- Section 2C:4-10 - Statements for purposes of examination or treatment inadmissible except on issue of mental condition.
- Section 2C:4-11 - Immaturity excluding criminal conviction; transfer of proceedings to family court
- Section 2C:5-1 - Criminal attempt
- Section 2C:5-2 - Conspiracy.
- Section 2C:5-3 - Incapacity, irresponsibility or immunity of party to conspiracy
- Section 2C:5-4 - Grading of criminal attempt and conspiracy, mitigation in cases of lesser danger.
- Section 2C:5-5 - Burglar's tools
- Section 2C:5-6 - Motor vehicle master keys
- Section 2C:5-7 - Key to lock in or on real property owned or leased by state
- Section 2C:6-1 - Persons accused of minor offenses
- Section 2C:7-1 - Findings, declarations
- Section 2C:7-2 - Registration of sex offenders; definition; requirements.
- Section 2C:7-2.1 - Verification of residence prior to release from confinement of certain offenders.
- Section 2C:7-3 - Notice of obligation to register
- Section 2C:7-4 - Forms of registration.
- Section 2C:7-5 - Records; immunity.
- Section 2C:7-6 - Community notified of release of sex offender
- Section 2C:7-7 - Notification of community to which sex offender moves
- Section 2C:7-8 - Guidelines, procedures for notification
- Section 2C:7-9 - Notification immunity
- Section 2C:7-10 - Other notification not limited by act
- Section 2C:7-12 - Findings, declarations relative to sex offender central registry on the Internet.
- Section 2C:7-13 - Development, maintenance of system on the Internet registry.
- Section 2C:7-14 - Responsibilities of Attorney General.
- Section 2C:7-15 - Immunity for failure to investigate, disclose information.
- Section 2C:7-16 - Authorized use of disclosed information; prohibited uses.
- Section 2C:7-17 - Severability.
- Section 2C:7-18 - Internet Registry Advisory Council.
- Section 2C:7-19 - Citation of acts, system as "Megan's Law."
- Section 2C:7-20 - Findings, declarations relative to a study of "Megan's Law."
- Section 2C:7-21 - Comprehensive study of "Megan's Law."
- Section 2C:7-22 - Definitions relative to sex offenders.
- Section 2C:7-23 - Sex offender prohibited from participation in youth serving organization.
- Section 2C:11-1 - Definitions
- Section 2C:11-2 - Criminal homicide.
- Section 2C:11-2.1 - Elapse of time between assault and death, prosecution for criminal homicide
- Section 2C:11-3 - Murder.
- Section 2C:11-3a - Adoption of court rules concerning photo of homicide victim
- Section 2C:11-3b - Resentencing to term of life imprisonment.
- Section 2C:11-3c - Restitution.
- Section 2C:11-4 - Manslaughter.
- Section 2C:11-5 - Death by auto or vessel.
- Section 2C:11-5.1 - Knowingly leaving scene of accident under certain circumstances; crime, sentencing.
- Section 2C:11-5.2 - Leaving scene of boating accident; crime, sentencing.
- Section 2C:11-5.3 - Strict liability vehicular homicide.
- Section 2C:11-6 - Aiding suicide.
- Section 2C:11A-1 - Cloning of human being, first degree crime; definition.
- Section 2C:12-1 - Assault.
- Section 2C:12-1.1 - Knowingly leaving scene of motor vehicle accident resulting in serious bodily injury, third degree crime.
- Section 2C:12-1.2 - Endangering an injured victim.
- Section 2C:12-1.3 - Report of missing child required.
- Section 2C:12-3 - Terroristic threats.
- Section 2C:12-10 - Definitions; stalking designated a crime; degrees.
- Section 2C:12-10.1 - Conviction for stalking, permanent restraining order.
- Section 2C:12-10.2 - Temporary restraining order for alleged stalking; conditions.
- Section 2C:12-11 - Disarming a law enforcement, corrections officer; crime; degrees.
- Section 2C:12-12 - Definitions relative to certain acts of inmates, parolees
- Section 2C:12-13 - Throwing bodily fluid at certain law enforcement officers deemed aggravated assault; grading, sentences.
- Section 2C:13-1 - Kidnapping.
- Section 2C:13-2 - Criminal restraint
- Section 2C:13-3 - False imprisonment
- Section 2C:13-4 - Interference with custody.
- Section 2C:13-5 - Criminal coercion.
- Section 2C:13-6 - Luring, enticing child by various means, attempts; crime of second degree; subsequent offense, mandatory imprisonment; definitions.
- Section 2C:13-7 - Luring, enticing an adult, certain circumstances, third degree crime; definitions.
- Section 2C:13-8 - Human trafficking.
- Section 2C:13-8.1 - Civil action permitted by injured person.
- Section 2C:13-9 - Second degree crime; penalties.
- Section 2C:13-10 - Findings, declarations relative to human trafficking; definitions.
- Section 2C:13-11 - Coordination of State's involvement with national, 24-hour toll-free hotline service on human trafficking.
- Section 2C:13-12 - Training courses on handling, response procedures, investigation, prosecution of human trafficking cases.
- Section 2C:14-1 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:14-2 - Sexual assault.
- Section 2C:14-2.1 - Victim of sexual assault may consult with prosecutor on plea negotiations
- Section 2C:14-3 - Criminal sexual contact.
- Section 2C:14-4 - Lewdness
- Section 2C:14-5 - Provisions generally applicable to Chapter 14
- Section 2C:14-6 - Sentencing
- Section 2C:14-7 - Victim's previous sexual conduct; manner of dress.
- Section 2C:14-8 - Juveniles in need of supervision (J.I.N.S.) law not affected
- Section 2C:14-9 - Invasion of privacy, degree of crime; defenses, privileges.
- Section 2C:14-10 - Additional penalties for sex offenders; collection; use.
- Section 2C:14-11 - Definitions relative to victims of sex offenses.
- Section 2C:14-12 - Conditions placed upon release of certain defendants.
- Section 2C:14-13 - Short title.
- Section 2C:14-14 - Application for temporary protective order.
- Section 2C:14-15 - Temporary protective order.
- Section 2C:14-16 - Final protective order.
- Section 2C:14-17 - Protective order, enforcement.
- Section 2C:14-18 - Contempt proceedings.
- Section 2C:14-19 - Records, copies of protective orders.
- Section 2C:14-20 - Central registry of protective orders.
- Section 2C:14-21 - Rules of Court.
- Section 2C:15-1 - Robbery
- Section 2C:15-2 - Carjacking defined
- Section 2C:16-1 - Bias intimidation.
- Section 2C:17-1 - Arson and related offenses
- Section 2C:17-2 - Causing or risking widespread injury or damage.
- Section 2C:17-3 - Criminal mischief.
- Section 2C:17-3.1 - Traffic sign, signal damage, removal, violation.
- Section 2C:17-6 - Motor vehicles; removal or alteration of identification number or mark; possession; penalty
- Section 2C:17-7 - Tampering, damage involving nuclear electric generating plant; crime of first degree.
- Section 2C:17-8 - Nuclear electric generating plant; damaging or tampering with equipment which results in death; crime of first degree
- Section 2C:17-9 - Nuclear electric generating plant; damaging or tampering with equipment which results in injury; crime of second degree
- Section 2C:18-1 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:18-2 - Burglary.
- Section 2C:18-3 - Unlicensed entry of structures; defiant trespasser; peering into dwelling places; defenses.
- Section 2C:18-4 - Lands defined
- Section 2C:18-5 - Offense to trespass, damage property.
- Section 2C:18-6 - Degree of crime; penalties; restitution; liability to owner of property.
- Section 2C:20-1 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:20-1.1 - Offense involving access device; presumption of unlawful purpose
- Section 2C:20-2 - Consolidation of theft and computer criminal activity offenses.
- Section 2C:20-2.1 - Additional penalties for theft or unlawful taking of motor vehicle.
- Section 2C:20-2.2 - Additional fine for auto theft
- Section 2C:20-2.3 - Theft from grave sites, certain; penalty.
- Section 2C:20-2.4 - Leader of cargo theft network.
- Section 2C:20-2.5 - Additional disposition for certain offenses; degree of crime, penalties.
- Section 2C:20-2.6 - Crimes involving theft from cargo carrier; degree of crime, penalties.
- Section 2C:20-3 - Theft by unlawful taking or disposition
- Section 2C:20-4 - Theft by deception
- Section 2C:20-5 - Theft by extortion
- Section 2C:20-6 - Theft of property lost, mislaid, or delivered by mistake
- Section 2C:20-7 - Receiving stolen property.
- Section 2C:20-7.1 - Fencing.
- Section 2C:20-7.2 - Notification of theft of scrap metal.
- Section 2C:20-8 - Theft of services
- Section 2C:20-9 - Theft by failure to make required disposition of property received
- Section 2C:20-10 - Unlawful taking of means of conveyance.
- Section 2C:20-11 - Shoplifting.
- Section 2C:20-11.1 - Guidelines for prosecution of shoplifting offenses
- Section 2C:20-11.2 - Leader of organized retail theft enterprise.
- Section 2C:20-12 - Definitions for sections 2-4
- Section 2C:20-13 - Concealment of material
- Section 2C:20-14 - Detention on probable cause
- Section 2C:20-15 - Sign required
- Section 2C:20-16 - Operation of facility for sale of stolen automobile parts; penalties
- Section 2C:20-17 - Use of juvenile in theft of automobiles, penalty
- Section 2C:20-18 - Leader of auto theft trafficking network, penalty
- Section 2C:20-20 - Civil actions
- Section 2C:20-21 - Injunctive relief by state; other persons
- Section 2C:20-22 - Estoppel
- Section 2C:20-23 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:20-24 - Value of property or services; additional measures.
- Section 2C:20-25 - Computer criminal activity; degree of crime; sentencing.
- Section 2C:20-31 - Wrongful access, disclosure of information; degree of crime; sentencing.
- Section 2C:20-31.1 - Posting of certain information on the Internet; degree of crime.
- Section 2C:20-33 - Obtaining, copying, accessing program, software valued at $1,000 or less.
- Section 2C:20-34 - Situs of offense, determination.
- Section 2C:20-35 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:20-36 - Misuse of food stamp coupons, ATP card, benefit card, value equal or greater than $150.
- Section 2C:20-37 - Misuse of food stamp coupons, ATP card, benefit card, value less than $150.
- Section 2C:20-38 - Penalty for theft of electronic vehicle identification system transponder.
- Section 2C:20-39 - Participation in pyramid promotional scheme, crime, penalties.
- Section 2C:21-1 - Forgery and Related Offenses
- Section 2C:21-2 - Criminal simulation
- Section 2C:21-2.1 - Offenses involving false government documents; degree of crime; suspension, revocation of driving privileges.
- Section 2C:21-2.2 - Ban on police badge transfers
- Section 2C:21-2.3 - Producing, selling, offering, displaying, possessing, fraudulent motor vehicle insurance ID cards; penalties
- Section 2C:21-2.4 - Possession of certain fraudulent receipts, universal product code (UPC) labels and checks
- Section 2C:21-3 - Frauds relating to public records and recordable instruments
- Section 2C:21-4 - Falsifying or tampering with records
- Section 2C:21-4.1 - Destruction, alteration, falsification of records, crime of fourth degree
- Section 2C:21-4.2 - Definitions relative to health care claims fraud.
- Section 2C:21-4.3 - Health care claims fraud, degree of crime; prosecution guidelines.
- Section 2C:21-4.4 - Findings, declarations relative to insurance fraud
- Section 2C:21-4.5 - Definitions relative to insurance fraud
- Section 2C:21-4.6 - Crime of insurance fraud.
- Section 2C:21-4.7 - Insurance Fraud Detection Reward Program
- Section 2C:21-4.8 - Motor vehicle title offenses, grading.
- Section 2C:21-5 - Bad checks, money orders, electronic funds transfers.
- Section 2C:21-6 - Credit cards
- Section 2C:21-6.1 - Definitions relative to scanning devices, reencoders; criminal use, degree of crime.
- Section 2C:21-7 - Deceptive business practices
- Section 2C:21-7.2 - Definitions
- Section 2C:21-7.3 - False representation
- Section 2C:21-7.4 - Disorderly persons offense
- Section 2C:21-7.5 - Definitions relative to air bags.
- Section 2C:21-8 - Misrepresentation of mileage of motor vehicle
- Section 2C:21-8.1 - Definition; determination of degree of offense
- Section 2C:21-9 - Misconduct by corporate official
- Section 2C:21-10 - Commercial bribery and breach of duty to act disinterestedly
- Section 2C:21-11 - Rigging publicly exhibited contest
- Section 2C:21-12 - Defrauding secured creditors
- Section 2C:21-13 - Fraud in insolvency
- Section 2C:21-14 - Receiving deposits in a failing financial institution
- Section 2C:21-15 - Misapplication of entrusted property and property of government or financial institution
- Section 2C:21-16 - Securing execution of documents by deception
- Section 2C:21-17 - Impersonation; theft of identity; crime.
- Section 2C:21-17.1 - Restitution to victim of unlawful use of personal identifying information.
- Section 2C:21-17.2 - Use of personal identifying information of another, certain; second degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-17.3 - Trafficking in personal identifying information pertaining to another person, certain; crime degrees; terms defined
- Section 2C:21-17.4 - Action by person defrauded by unauthorized use of personal identifying information.
- Section 2C:21-17.5 - Deletion of certain items from victim's consumer reporting files.
- Section 2C:21-17.6 - Report of identity theft to local law enforcement agency.
- Section 2C:21-18 - Slugs
- Section 2C:21-19 - Wrongful credit practices and related offenses.
- Section 2C:21-20 - Unlicensed practice of medicine, surgery, podiatric medicine, crime of third degree.
- Section 2C:21-20.1 - Unlicensed practice of acupuncture, third degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-20.2 - Unauthorized practice of psychology; third degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-20.3 - Unauthorized practice of chiropractic; third degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-20.4 - Unauthorized practice of social work; third degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-20.5 - Unauthorized practice of psychoanalysis; third degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-21 - Short title; definitions; offenses; penalties.
- Section 2C:21-22 - Unauthorized practice of law, penalties.
- Section 2C:21-22a - Civil actions resulting from the unauthorized practice of law.
- Section 2C:21-22.1 - Definitions relative to use of runners; crime; sentencing.
- Section 2C:21-23 - Findings, declarations
- Section 2C:21-24 - Definitions
- Section 2C:21-25 - Money laundering, illegal investment, crime.
- Section 2C:21-26 - Knowledge inferred
- Section 2C:21-27 - Degrees of offense; penalties; nonmerger.
- Section 2C:21-27.1 - Criteria for imposition of anti-money laundering profiteering penalty.
- Section 2C:21-27.2 - Calculation of anti-money laundering profiteering penalty.
- Section 2C:21-27.3 - Revocation or reduction of penalty assessment.
- Section 2C:21-27.4 - Payment schedule.
- Section 2C:21-27.5 - Relation to other dispositions.
- Section 2C:21-27.6 - Collection and distribution.
- Section 2C:21-28 - Civil action for treble damages; allocation
- Section 2C:21-29 - Investigative interrogatives
- Section 2C:21-30 - Unlawful practice of dentistry; third degree crime
- Section 2C:21-31 - Unauthorized practice of immigration law; penalties.
- Section 2C:21-31.1 - Civil actions resulting from unauthorized practice of immigration law.
- Section 2C:21-32 - Short title; definitions relative to counterfeit marks; offenses.
- Section 2C:21-33 - Electrical contracting without business permit, fourth degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-34 - Penalty for false contract payment claims, representation, for a government contract; prevailing wage violations; grading.
- Section 2C:21-35 - False public utility employee identification badge, violations, degree of crime.
- Section 2C:21-36 - Sale of secondhand jewelry.
- Section 2C:21-37 - Requirements for reselling of secondhand jewelry.
- Section 2C:21-38 - Requisite knowledge, belief for violation.
- Section 2C:21-39 - Report by purchaser.
- Section 2C:21-40 - Immunity.
- Section 2C:21-41 - Regulations.
- Section 2C:21-42 - Second degree crime.
- Section 2C:21-43 - Sale of certain alarm business signs, decals; prohibited.
- Section 2C:22-1 - Disturbing, desecrating human remains; offenses.
- Section 2C:22-2 - Disposition of body parts, criminal penalties imposed for certain offenses.
- Section 2C:24-1 - Bigamy
- Section 2C:24-4 - Endangering welfare of children.
- Section 2C:24-4.1 - Leader of child pornography network; degree of crime; definitions.
- Section 2C:24-5 - Willful nonsupport
- Section 2C:24-6 - Unlawful adoptions
- Section 2C:24-7.1 - Endangering another person; offense created; degree of crime.
- Section 2C:24-8 - Abandonment, neglect of elderly person, disabled adult; third degree crime
- Section 2C:24-9 - Use of 17-year-old or younger to commit criminal offense; crime.
- Section 2C:24-10 - Female genital mutilation of females under 18 years of age, third degree crime.
- Section 2C:25-17 - Short title
- Section 2C:25-18 - Findings, declarations
- Section 2C:25-19 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:25-20 - Development of training course; curriculum.
- Section 2C:25-21 - Arrest of alleged attacker; seizure of weapons, etc.
- Section 2C:25-21.1 - Rules, regulations concerning weapons prohibitions and domestic violence.
- Section 2C:25-22 - Immunity from civil liability
- Section 2C:25-23 - Dissemination of notice to victim of domestic violence
- Section 2C:25-24 - Domestic violence offense reports.
- Section 2C:25-25 - Criminal complaints; proceedings
- Section 2C:25-26 - Release of defendant before trial; conditions.
- Section 2C:25-26.1 - Notification of victim of release of defendant
- Section 2C:25-27 - Conditions of sentencing of defendant found guilty of domestic violence.
- Section 2C:25-28 - Filing complaint alleging domestic violence in Family Part; proceeding.
- Section 2C:25-28.1 - In-house restraining order prohibited
- Section 2C:25-29 - Hearing procedure; relief.
- Section 2C:25-29.1 - Civil penalty for certain domestic violence offenders.
- Section 2C:25-29.2 - Collection, distribution of civil penalties collected.
- Section 2C:25-29.3 - Rules of Court.
- Section 2C:25-29.4 - Surcharge for domestic violence offender to fund grants.
- Section 2C:25-30 - Violations, penalties
- Section 2C:25-31 - Contempt, law enforcement procedures.
- Section 2C:25-32 - Alleged contempt, complainant's procedure
- Section 2C:25-33 - Records of applications for relief; reports; confidentiality; forms.
- Section 2C:25-34 - Domestic violence restraining orders, central registry.
- Section 2C:25-35 - Rules of Court concerning central registry for domestic violence.
- Section 2C:27-1 - Definitions
- Section 2C:27-2 - Bribery in official and political matters
- Section 2C:27-3 - Threats and other improper influence in official and political matters
- Section 2C:27-5 - Retaliation for past official action
- Section 2C:27-9 - Unlawful official business transaction where interest is involved; grading; conditions.
- Section 2C:27-10 - Acceptance or receipt of unlawful benefit by public servant for official behavior.
- Section 2C:27-11 - Offer of unlawful benefit to public servant for official behavior.
- Section 2C:27-12 - Crime of corruption of public resources; grading.
- Section 2C:28-1 - Perjury
- Section 2C:28-2 - False swearing
- Section 2C:28-3 - Unsworn falsification to authorities
- Section 2C:28-4 - False reports to law enforcement authorities.
- Section 2C:28-5 - Tampering with witnesses and informants; retaliation against them.
- Section 2C:28-5.1 - Witness, victim protective orders
- Section 2C:28-5.2 - Penalties for violations
- Section 2C:28-5.3 - Moving parties
- Section 2C:28-5.4 - Standard for issuance
- Section 2C:28-5.5 - No interference with defense preparation
- Section 2C:28-6 - Tampering with or fabricating physical evidence
- Section 2C:28-7 - Tampering with public records or information
- Section 2C:28-8 - Impersonating a public servant or law enforcement officer.
- Section 2C:29-1 - Obstructing administration of law or other governmental function
- Section 2C:29-2 - Resisting arrest, eluding officer
- Section 2C:29-3 - Hindering apprehension or prosecution.
- Section 2C:29-3.1 - Animal owned, used by law enforcement agency, search and rescue dog, harming, threatening, interference with officer, degree of crime, penalties.
- Section 2C:29-3.2 - Offenses against service animals, guide dogs, degree of crime; penalties, restitution.
- Section 2C:29-4 - Compounding
- Section 2C:29-5 - Escape
- Section 2C:29-6 - Implements for escape; other contraband
- Section 2C:29-7 - Bail jumping; default in required appearance
- Section 2C:29-8 - Corrupting or influencing a jury.
- Section 2C:29-8.1 - Prohibited juror contact
- Section 2C:29-9 - Contempt.
- Section 2C:29-10 - Definitions relative to use of certain electronic communication devices in correctional facilities; possession, use, sale, crimes, certain.
- Section 2C:29-11 - Refusal to allow blood, biological sample to be drawn; fourth degree crime.
- Section 2C:30-2 - Official misconduct
- Section 2C:30-3 - Speculating or wagering on official action or information
- Section 2C:30-4 - Disbursing moneys, incurring obligations in excess of appropriations
- Section 2C:30-5 - Findings, declarations relative to deprivation of civil rights by public officials
- Section 2C:30-6 - Crime of official deprivation of civil rights
- Section 2C:30-7 - Crime of pattern of official misconduct
- Section 2C:30-8 - "Public Corruption Profiteering Penalty Act."
- Section 2C:33-1 - Riot; failure to disperse
- Section 2C:33-2 - Disorderly conduct
- Section 2C:33-2.1 - "Public place" defined; loitering to obtain or distribute CDS is a disorderly persons offense
- Section 2C:33-3 - False public alarms.
- Section 2C:33-3.2 - Fines for violation of N.J.S.2C:33-3.
- Section 2C:33-4 - Harassment.
- Section 2C:33-4.1 - Crime of cyber-harassment.
- Section 2C:33-7 - Obstructing highways and other public passages
- Section 2C:33-8 - Disrupting meetings and processions
- Section 2C:33-8.1 - Definitions relative to disruption of funerals, violations, disorderly persons offense.
- Section 2C:33-9 - Desecration of venerated objects
- Section 2C:33-10 - Causing fear of unlawful bodily violence, crime of third degree; act of graffiti, additional penalty
- Section 2C:33-11 - Defacement of private property, crime of fourth degree; act of graffiti, additional penalty
- Section 2C:33-11.1 - Certain actions relevant to evictions, disorderly persons offense.
- Section 2C:33-12 - Maintaining a nuisance
- Section 2C:33-12.1 - Abating nuisance
- Section 2C:33-12.2 - Sexually oriented business, nuisance; crime
- Section 2C:33-13 - Smoking in public.
- Section 2C:33-13.1 - Sale of cigarettes, electronic smoking devices to persons under age 21, petty disorderly persons offense.
- Section 2C:33-14 - Interference with transportation.
- Section 2C:33-14.1 - Vandalizing railroad crossing devices, property; grading of offenses; graffiti.
- Section 2C:33-15 - Possession, consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under legal age; penalty.
- Section 2C:33-16 - Alcoholic beverages; bringing or possession on school property by person of legal age; penalty
- Section 2C:33-17 - Availability of alcoholic beverages to underaged, offenses.
- Section 2C:33-19 - Possession of remotely activated paging devices on school property, disorderly persons offense; exemptions
- Section 2C:33-20 - Use of remotely activated paging device during commission of certain crimes is a crime of fourth degree
- Section 2C:33-21 - Interception or use of official communications.
- Section 2C:33-22 - Possession of emergency communications receiver
- Section 2C:33-23 - Radar device not included
- Section 2C:33-23.1 - License required for certain radio transmissions.
- Section 2C:33-23.2 - Violations, fourth degree crime.
- Section 2C:33-23.3 - Offense relative to access of information indicating the location of law enforcement vehicles.
- Section 2C:33-24 - "Act of graffiti."
- Section 2C:33-26 - Sale of motor vehicles on Sunday; exemption.
- Section 2C:33-27 - Consumption of alcohol in restaurants
- Section 2C:33-28 - Solicitation, recruitment to join criminal street gang; crime, degrees, sentencing.
- Section 2C:33-29 - Crime of gang criminality; "criminal street gang" defined; grading of offense.
- Section 2C:33-30 - Crime of promotion of organized street crime; grading of offense.
- Section 2C:33-31 - Crime of dogfighting, penalties; definitions.
- Section 2C:33-32 - Leader, financier of dog fighting network; penalties.
- Section 2C:34-1 - Prostitution and related offenses.
- Section 2C:34-1.1 - Loitering for the purpose of engaging in prostitution
- Section 2C:34-1.2 - Additional penalties for engaging in prostitution as a patron.
- Section 2C:34-2 - Obscenity for persons 18 years of age or older
- Section 2C:34-3 - Obscenity for persons under 18
- Section 2C:34-3.1 - Retailer defined
- Section 2C:34-3.2 - Display of obscene material
- Section 2C:34-4 - Public communication of obscenity
- Section 2C:34-5 - Diseased person committing an act of sexual penetration
- Section 2C:34-6 - Definitions
- Section 2C:34-7 - Sexually oriented business; location, building requirements; penalty.
- Section 2C:35-1 - Short Title
- Section 2C:35-1.1 - Declaration of policy and legislative findings
- Section 2C:35-1.2 - Reference to Code of Criminal Justice
- Section 2C:35-2 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:35-3 - Leader of Narcotics Trafficking Network
- Section 2C:35-4 - Maintaining or operating a controlled dangerous substance production facility
- Section 2C:35-4.1 - Booby traps in manufacturing or distribution facilities; fortified premises
- Section 2C:35-5 - Manufacturing, distributing or dispensing
- Section 2C:35-5.2 - Manufacturing, etc. gamma hydroxybutyrate; penalties
- Section 2C:35-5.3 - Manufacturing, etc. flunitrazepam; penalties
- Section 2C:35-5.3a - Criminalization, degree of crime.
- Section 2C:35-5.3b - Crimes relative to synthetic cannabinoid; degree.
- Section 2C:35-5.3c - Obtaining, possessing synthetic cannabinoid; degree of crime.
- Section 2C:35-5.4 - Short title.
- Section 2C:35-5.5 - Findings, declarations relative to removal, restraint of certain drug offenders.
- Section 2C:35-5.6 - Definitions relative to removal, restraint of certain offenders
- Section 2C:35-5.7 - Issuance of order by court.
- Section 2C:35-5.8 - Violations, penalties.
- Section 2C:35-5.9 - Certification of offense location.
- Section 2C:35-5.10 - Discretion to not seek restraining order
- Section 2C:35-5.11 - Drug enforcement and demand reduction penalty doubled for certain offenses.
- Section 2C:35-6 - Employing a juvenile in a drug distribution scheme
- Section 2C:35-7 - Distribution on or within 1,000 feet of school property.
- Section 2C:35-7a - Review of sentence by court.
- Section 2C:35-7.1 - Violations of N.J.S.2C:35-5, certain locations; degree of crime; terms defined
- Section 2C:35-8 - Distribution to persons under age 18; enhanced punishment
- Section 2C:35-9 - Strict Liability for Drug-Induced Deaths
- Section 2C:35-10 - Possession, use or being under the influence, or failure to make lawful disposition
- Section 2C:35-10.2 - Possession, etc. of gamma hydroxybutyrate; penalties
- Section 2C:35-10.3 - Possession, etc. of flunitrazepam; penalties
- Section 2C:35-10.3a - Criminalization, degree of crime.
- Section 2C:35-10.4 - Toxic chemicals.
- Section 2C:35-10.5 - Prescription legend drugs.
- Section 2C:35-11 - Imitation controlled dangerous substances; distribution, possession, manufacture, etc.; penalties
- Section 2C:35-11.1 - Counterfeit drugs, medical devices; degree of crime; definitions.
- Section 2C:35-11.2 - Restrictions upon conviction.
- Section 2C:35-12 - Waiver of Mandatory Minimum and Extended Terms.
- Section 2C:35-13 - Obtaining by fraud
- Section 2C:35-14 - Rehabilitation program for drug and alcohol dependent persons subject to a presumption of incarceration or a mandatory minimum period of parole ineligibility; criteria for imposing special probation; ineligible offenders; commitment to resident
- Section 2C:35-14.1 - Defendant required to submit to professional diagnostic assessment, exceptions.
- Section 2C:35-14.2 - Sentence of special probation for certain defendants.
- Section 2C:35-14.3 - Phase-in of implementation of provisions of law relative to special probation.
- Section 2C:35-15 - Mandatory drug enforcement and demand reduction penalties; collection; disposition; suspension.
- Section 2C:35-16.1 - Notification to landlord of offenses committed by tenant under "Comprehensive Drug Reform Act of 1987"
- Section 2C:35-17 - Exception to physician-patient privilege
- Section 2C:35-18 - Exemption; burden of proof.
- Section 2C:35-19 - Laboratory certificates; use; admission into evidence; objections
- Section 2C:35-20 - Forensic laboratory fees
- Section 2C:35-21 - Seizure in violation of chapter; pretrial destruction of bulk seizures of controlled dangerous substances
- Section 2C:35-22 - Severability
- Section 2C:35-23 - Pending Cases
- Section 2C:35-24 - Possession of certain prescription drugs
- Section 2C:35-25 - Sale restrictions for ephedrine products; disorderly persons offense.
- Section 2C:35-26 - Reporting requirement for ephedrine products.
- Section 2C:35-27 - Permissive inference concerning possession of ephedrine products.
- Section 2C:35-28 - Unlawful possession of precursors; manufacturing methamphetamine; crime of second degree.
- Section 2C:35-29 - Definitions relative to industrial use of certain chemicals; not deemed a CDS, certain; inferences.
- Section 2C:35-30 - Immunity from liability, certain circumstances, for persons seeking medical assistance for someone experiencing a drug overdose.
- Section 2C:35-31 - Protections for certain persons experiencing a drug overdose.
- Section 2C:35A-1 - Short Title.
- Section 2C:35A-2 - Declaration of Policy and Legislative Findings.
- Section 2C:35A-3 - Criteria for imposition of anti-drug profiteering penality
- Section 2C:35A-4 - Calculation of anti-drug profiteering penalty
- Section 2C:35A-5 - Revocation or Reduction of Penalty Assessment.
- Section 2C:35A-6 - Payment Schedule.
- Section 2C:35A-7 - Relation to Other Dispositions.
- Section 2C:35A-8 - Collection and Distribution.
- Section 2C:35B-1 - Short title
- Section 2C:35B-2 - Findings, declarations regarding civil actions against drug dealers
- Section 2C:35B-3 - Definitions regarding civil actions against drug dealers
- Section 2C:35B-4 - Liability of illegal marketer of controlled dangerous substances
- Section 2C:35B-5 - Action for damages; plaintiffs, offenses
- Section 2C:35B-6 - Controlled dangerous substance individual user; conditions to bring an action
- Section 2C:35B-7 - No third party damage payments; assignment of cause of action restricted
- Section 2C:35B-8 - Damage table
- Section 2C:35B-9 - Joint actions
- Section 2C:35B-10 - Comparative responsibility governing action
- Section 2C:35B-11 - Right of action for contribution
- Section 2C:35B-12 - Proof of liability; prima facie evidence
- Section 2C:35B-13 - Ex parte prejudgment attachment order
- Section 2C:35B-14 - Cause of action, accrual; statute of limitations on claim
- Section 2C:35B-15 - Stay of action pending criminal action
- Section 2C:35B-16 - Satisfaction of judgment after other fines, penalties, etc.
- Section 2C:35B-17 - Nonapplicability of act
- Section 2C:36-1 - Drug paraphernalia, defined; determination.
- Section 2C:36-2 - Use or possession with intent to use, disorderly persons offense.
- Section 2C:36-3 - Distribute, dispense or possess with intent to distribute or manufacture, crime of fourth degree.
- Section 2C:36-4 - Advertising to promote sale, crime of fourth degree
- Section 2C:36-5 - Delivering drug paraphernalia to person under 18 years of age, crime of third degree
- Section 2C:36-6 - Possession or distribution of hypodermic syringe or needle
- Section 2C:36-6a - Possession of hypodermic syringe, needle under certain circumstances not an offense.
- Section 2C:36-6.1 - Discarding hypodermic needle or syringe.
- Section 2C:36-6.2 - Sale by licensed pharmacy of hypodermic syringe or needle under certain circumstances.
- Section 2C:36-6.3 - Affirmative defense to criminal action, construction of act.
- Section 2C:36-7 - Seizure in violation of Chapter
- Section 2C:36-8 - Severability
- Section 2C:36-9 - Pending Cases
- Section 2C:36-10 - Definition of "defraud the administration of a drug test;" crime, grading
- Section 2C:36A-1 - Conditional discharge for certain first offenses.
- Section 2C:37-1 - Definitions
- Section 2C:37-2 - Promoting gambling
- Section 2C:37-3 - Possession of gambling records
- Section 2C:37-4 - Maintenance of a gambling resort
- Section 2C:37-4.1 - Shipboard gambling, crime; grading; exception
- Section 2C:37-5 - Gambling offenses; presumption
- Section 2C:37-6 - Lottery offenses; no defense
- Section 2C:37-6.1 - Lottery equipment or advice for out of state utilization; manufacture, sale and transport; inapplicability of law providing penalty or disability
- Section 2C:37-7 - Possession of a gambling device
- Section 2C:37-8 - Gambling offenses; jurisdiction
- Section 2C:37-9 - Nonapplicability
- Section 2C:38-1 - Short title.
- Section 2C:38-2 - Crime of terrorism; definitions.
- Section 2C:38-3 - Producing or possessing chemical weapons, biological agents or nuclear or radiological devices; definitions.
- Section 2C:38-4 - Hindering apprehension or prosecution for terrorism.
- Section 2C:38-5 - Soliciting or providing material support or resources for terrorism
- Section 2C:39-1 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:39-2 - Presumptions
- Section 2C:39-3 - Prohibited weapons and devices.
- Section 2C:39-4 - Possession of weapons for unlawful purposes.
- Section 2C:39-4.1 - Weapons; controlled dangerous substances and other offenses, penalties.
- Section 2C:39-5 - Unlawful possession of weapons.
- Section 2C:39-6 - Exemptions.
- Section 2C:39-7 - Certain persons not to have weapons or ammunition.
- Section 2C:39-9 - Manufacture, transport, disposition and defacement of weapons and dangerous instruments and appliances.
- Section 2C:39-9.1 - Sale of knives to minors; crime of the fourth degree; exceptions
- Section 2C:39-9.2 - Sale of handcuffs to minors, prohibited
- Section 2C:39-10 - Violation of the regulatory provisions relating to firearms; false representation in applications.
- Section 2C:39-11 - Pawnbrokers; loaning on firearms
- Section 2C:39-12 - Voluntary surrender.
- Section 2C:39-13 - Unlawful use of body vests
- Section 2C:39-14 - 2nd degree crimes
- Section 2C:39-15 - Gun advertising requirement
- Section 2C:39-16 - "Leader of a firearms trafficking network" defined; first degree crime; fines; sentencing
- Section 2C:39-17 - Retired law enforcement officers permitted to possess, carry certain ammunition.
- Section 2C:39-18 - Inapplicability.
- Section 2C:39-19 - Regulations relative to certain current owners of automatic rifles.
- Section 2C:39-20 - Registration of certain firearms.
- Section 2C:40-1 - Creating a hazard
- Section 2C:40-3 - Hazing; aggravated hazing
- Section 2C:40-4 - Consent not available as defense to hazing
- Section 2C:40-5 - Conduct constituting offense may be prosecuted under other provisions of Title 2C
- Section 2C:40-6 - Definitions
- Section 2C:40-7 - Portable, oil-burning heating devices; certificate of evaluation by test of safety prior to sale, offer for sale or use
- Section 2C:40-8 - Label cautioning and informing user
- Section 2C:40-9 - Inclusion of instructions concerning proper and safe maintenance and operation
- Section 2C:40-10 - Construction requirements
- Section 2C:40-11 - Automatic safety shut-off device or design feature to eliminate fire hazard in event of tipover
- Section 2C:40-12 - Carbon monoxide limitations
- Section 2C:40-13 - Posting of sign at point of sale or display of prohibition of use in multiple dwellings or in residences in certain municipalities
- Section 2C:40-14 - Regulations
- Section 2C:40-15 - Violations; petty disorderly persons offense
- Section 2C:40-16 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:40-17 - Tampering, degree of offense; sentencing requirements.
- Section 2C:40-18 - Violation of law intended to protect public health and safety; grading
- Section 2C:40-19 - Consumer products; unauthorized writing, offense.
- Section 2C:40-20 - Use of certain cable, wire devices; fourth degree crime
- Section 2C:40-21 - Tattooing of a minor; parental permission, required
- Section 2C:40-22 - Penalty for causing death or injury while driving in violation of R.S.39:3-40 or unlicensed.
- Section 2C:40-23 - Production, delivery of ignition key, documentation required
- Section 2C:40-24 - "Traffic control preemption device" defined; possession, certain, unlawful, violations, penalties.
- Section 2C:40-25 - Persons permitted to dispense contact lenses; violations, fines, penalties.
- Section 2C:40-26 - Operating motor vehicle during period of license suspension, fourth degree crime.
- Section 2C:40-26.1 - "School bus" defined, certain driver violations, third degree crime.
- Section 2C:40-27 - Definitions relative to operation of unmanned aircraft systems.
- Section 2C:40-28 - Violations, degree of offense, crime.
- Section 2C:40-29 - Provisions preempt existing laws.
- Section 2C:40-30 - Authorized use permitted.
- Section 2C:40A-1 - Employer requiring lie detector test
- Section 2C:40A-2 - Violation of contract to pay employees
- Section 2C:40A-3 - Wrongful discharge of employee
- Section 2C:40A-4 - Solicitation of professional employment, certain; regulated; terms defined; grade of offense.
- Section 2C:40A-5 - Additional penalty for attorneys; grade of offense.
- Section 2C:41-1 - Definitions.
- Section 2C:41-1.1 - Declaration of policy and legislative findings
- Section 2C:41-2 - Prohibited activities
- Section 2C:41-3 - Criminal penalties.
- Section 2C:41-4 - Civil remedies
- Section 2C:41-5 - Investigative interrogatories
- Section 2C:41-6 - Liberal construction
- Section 2C:41-6.1 - Remedies cumulative
- Section 2C:41-6.2 - Severability
- Section 2C:43-1 - Degrees of crimes
- Section 2C:43-2 - Sentence in accordance with code; authorized dispositions.
- Section 2C:43-2.1 - Motor vehicle theft or unlawful taking; restitution
- Section 2C:43-2.2 - Issuance of court order requiring serological tests.
- Section 2C:43-2.3 - Orders for certain serological testing required under certain circumstances
- Section 2C:43-2.4 - Authority to impound motor vehicles.
- Section 2C:43-3 - Fines and restitutions
- Section 2C:43-3.1 - Victim, witness, criminal disposition, and collection funds.
- Section 2C:43-3.2 - Assessments for Safe Neighborhoods Services
- Section 2C:43-3.3 - Additional penalties for persons convicted of crime deposited in "Law Enforcement Officers Training and Equipment Fund"
- Section 2C:43-3.4 - Restitution for extradition costs.
- Section 2C:43-3.5 - Additional penalty for certain offenses.
- Section 2C:43-3.6 - Additional penalty for sex offense for deposit in Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program Fund.
- Section 2C:43-3.7 - Surcharge for certain sexual offenders to fund grants, programs, certain.
- Section 2C:43-3.8 - Offenses involving computer criminal activities; penalties; "Computer Crime Prevention Fund."
- Section 2C:43-4 - Penalties Against Corporations; Forfeiture of Corporate Charter or Revocation of Certificate Authorizing Foreign Corporation to do Business in the State
- Section 2C:43-5 - Young adult offenders
- Section 2C:43-5.1 - Crimes committed by students, notification to principal, certain circumstances.
- Section 2C:43-6 - Sentence of imprisonment for crime; ordinary terms; mandatory terms.
- Section 2C:43-6.1 - Person under minimum mandatory sentence for possession of firearm with intent to use against property of another; review of sentence; imposition of other sentence
- Section 2C:43-6.2 - Probation; reduction of mandatory minimum term
- Section 2C:43-6.3 - Review of sentence
- Section 2C:43-6.4 - Special sentence of parole supervision for life.
- Section 2C:43-6.5 - Mandatory minimum prison term for public officer, employee convicted of certain crimes; waiver, reduction.
- Section 2C:43-6.6 - Internet access conditions for certain sex offenders; fourth degree crime.
- Section 2C:43-6.7 - Effective date; applicability.
- Section 2C:43-6.8 - Sentencing for offenses involving domestic violence.
- Section 2C:43-7 - Sentence of imprisonment for crime; extended terms.
- Section 2C:43-7.1 - Life imprisonment without parole
- Section 2C:43-7.2 - Mandatory service of 85 percent of sentence for certain offenses.
- Section 2C:43-8 - Sentence of imprisonment for disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses
- Section 2C:43-8.1 - Seasonally leased premises; termination of right to occupy, visit
- Section 2C:43-9 - Release of all offenders; length of recommitment and reparole after revocation of parole
- Section 2C:43-10 - Place of imprisonment; beginning sentences; transfers
- Section 2C:43-11 - Program of intensive supervision, eligibility.
- Section 2C:43-12 - Supervisory treatment - pretrial intervention.
- Section 2C:43-13 - Supervisory treatment procedure.
- Section 2C:43-13.1 - Eligibility and application.
- Section 2C:43-13.2 - Court approval of defendant's participation in conditional dismissal program.
- Section 2C:43-13.3 - Extension of conditional dismissal term.
- Section 2C:43-13.4 - Violation of terms prior to dismissal.
- Section 2C:43-13.5 - Dismissal.
- Section 2C:43-13.6 - Effect of dismissal.
- Section 2C:43-14 - Authority of supreme court
- Section 2C:43-13.7 - Limitation.
- Section 2C:43-13.8 - Conditional dismissal assessment, restitution and other assessments.
- Section 2C:43-13.9 - "Municipal Court Diversion Fund."
- Section 2C:43-15 - Presentation of proposed rules at judicial conference
- Section 2C:43-16 - Public announcement of proposed rules; delivery of copies
- Section 2C:43-17 - Effective date of rules; rules subject to cancellation by joint resolution
- Section 2C:43-18 - Change or cancellation of rules by statute or adoption of subsequent rules
- Section 2C:43-19 - Adoption of rules at such time, or with such effective date, or without presentation at judicial conference, as may be provided in joint resolution
- Section 2C:43-20 - Reduction or elimination of time during which rules may be canceled by joint resolution
- Section 2C:43-21 - Index and reports
- Section 2C:43-22 - Disclaimer
- Section 2C:43-23 - Definitions relative to offenders who are veterans or servicemembers.
- Section 2C:43-24 - Statewide Veterans Diversion Program.
- Section 2C:43-25 - Determination of eligibility.
- Section 2C:43-26 - Application to participate in Veterans Diversion Program.
- Section 2C:43-27 - Construction of act.
- Section 2C:43-28 - Development of differentiated mental health supervision case type.
- Section 2C:43-29 - Annual report to Governor, Legislature.
- Section 2C:43-30 - Collaboration with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Section 2C:43-31 - Information published on websites.
- Section 2C:44-1 - Criteria for withholding or imposing sentences of imprisonment.
- Section 2C:44-1.1 - Certain convictions vacated, expunged.
- Section 2C:44-2 - Criteria for Imposing Fines and Restitutions
- Section 2C:44-3 - Criteria for sentence of extended term of imprisonment.
- Section 2C:44-4 - Definition of prior conviction; conviction in another jurisdiction; proof of prior conviction
- Section 2C:44-5 - Multiple sentences; concurrent and consecutive terms.
- Section 2C:44-5.1 - Penalties for committing certain offenses while released on bail, own recognizance increased.
- Section 2C:44-6 - Procedure on sentence; presentence investigation and report.
- Section 2C:44-6.1 - Defendant liable for cost of psychological evaluation; rules, regulations.
- Section 2C:44-6.2 - Person sentenced to incarceration, care and custody of minor child.
- Section 2C:44-6.3 - Report of persons convicted of certain crimes residing with minor children.
- Section 2C:44-6.4 - Rules of Court.
- Section 2C:44-7 - Appellate review of actions of sentencing court
- Section 2C:44-8 - Convicted defendants, prior restrictions continued.
- Section 2C:45-1 - Conditions of suspension or probation.
- Section 2C:45-2 - Period of suspension or probation; modification of conditions; discharge of defendant.
- Section 2C:45-3 - Summons or arrest of defendant under suspended sentence or on probation; commitment without bail; revocation and resentence
- Section 2C:45-4 - Notice and hearing on revocation or modification of conditions of suspension or probation
- Section 2C:45-5 - Medication-assisted treatment.
- Section 2C:45-6 - Program to record, analyze recidivism of persons sentenced to probation.
- Section 2C:46-1 - Time and method of payment; disposition of funds.
- Section 2C:46-1.1 - Computerized Collection Fund
- Section 2C:46-1.2 - Rules, regulations
- Section 2C:46-2 - Consequences of nonpayment; summary collection.
- Section 2C:46-3 - Revocation of fine
- Section 2C:46-4 - Fines, assessments, penalties, restitution; collection; disposition.
- Section 2C:46-4.1 - Application of moneys collected; priority.
- Section 2C:46-5 - Inapplicability of chapter to certain fines and restitutions
- Section 2C:47-1 - Referral to adult diagnostic and treatment center; commitment; examination.
- Section 2C:47-2 - Report on Examination
- Section 2C:47-3 - Disposition
- Section 2C:47-4.1 - Transfer out of Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center
- Section 2C:47-4.2 - Confinement of female offenders
- Section 2C:47-5 - Parole
- Section 2C:47-5.1 - Revocation of parole
- Section 2C:47-7 - Cost of maintenance
- Section 2C:47-8 - Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center, "good time"; conditions
- Section 2C:47-9 - Establishment of program to record, analyze recidivism of convicted sex offenders.
- Section 2C:47-10 - "Sexually oriented material" defined; receipt by inmates at Adult Diagnostic and Treatment Center, prohibited.
- Section 2C:48A-1 - "Criminal Sentencing and Disposition Commission."
- Section 2C:48A-2 - Duty of commission.
- Section 2C:48A-3 - Constitution of commission.
- Section 2C:48A-4 - Report to Governor, Legislature.
- Section 2C:48B-1 - Findings, declarations relative to certain racial and ethnic impact statements.
- Section 2C:48B-2 - Racial and ethnic impact statement for certain proposed rules.
- Section 2C:51-1 - Basis of disqualification or disability
- Section 2C:51-2 - Forfeiture of public office, position, or employment.
- Section 2C:51-2.1 - Applicability of act.
- Section 2C:51-3 - Voting and jury service
- Section 2C:51-5 - Forfeiture, suspension of license, certificate; exceptions
- Section 2C:52-1 - Definitions of expungement.
- Section 2C:52-2 - Indictable offenses.
- Section 2C:52-3 - Disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses.
- Section 2C:52-4 - Ordinances
- Section 2C:52-4.1 - Juvenile delinquent; expungement of adjudications and charges.
- Section 2C:52-5 - Expungement of records of young drug offenders.
- Section 2C:52-5.1 - Eligibility to file petition for expungement.
- Section 2C:52-5.2 - System for sealing records from the public.
- Section 2C:52-5.3 - "Clean slate" expungement by petition.
- Section 2C:52-5.4 - Automated "clean slate" process.
- Section 2C:52-6 - Arrests not resulting in conviction.
- Section 2C:52-7 - Petition for expungement
- Section 2C:52-8 - Statements to accompany petition.
- Section 2C:52-9 - Order fixing time for hearing
- Section 2C:52-10 - Service of petition and documents.
- Section 2C:52-10.1 - System to electronically file expungement applications.
- Section 2C:52-11 - Order expungement where no objection prior to hearing
- Section 2C:52-12 - Denial of relief although no objection entered
- Section 2C:52-13 - When hearing on petition for expungement shall not be held
- Section 2C:52-14 - Grounds for denial of relief.
- Section 2C:52-15 - Disposition of records.
- Section 2C:52-16 - Expunged record including names of persons other than petitioner
- Section 2C:52-17 - Use of expunged records by agencies on pending petition for expungement
- Section 2C:52-18 - Supplying information to Violent Crimes Compensation Office.
- Section 2C:52-19 - Order of superior court permitting inspection of records or release of information; limitations
- Section 2C:52-20 - Use of expunged records in conjunction with supervisory treatment or diversion programs.
- Section 2C:52-21 - Use of expunged records in conjunction with setting bail or authorizing pretrial release, presentence report, or sentencing.
- Section 2C:52-22 - Use of expunged records by parole board
- Section 2C:52-23 - Use of expunged records by department of corrections
- Section 2C:52-23.1 - Use of expunged, sealed records.
- Section 2C:52-24 - County prosecutor's obligation to ascertain propriety of petition.
- Section 2C:52-25 - Retroactive application
- Section 2C:52-26 - Vacating of orders of sealing; time; basis
- Section 2C:52-27 - Effect of expungement.
- Section 2C:52-27.1 - Petition to rescind order of debarment for health care claims fraud; restoration.
- Section 2C:52-28 - Motor vehicle offenses
- Section 2C:52-29 - Fees waived for certain applications.
- Section 2C:52-30 - Disclosure of expungement order
- Section 2C:52-31 - Limitation
- Section 2C:52-32 - Construction.
- Section 2C:52-32.1 - Petition for judicial determination of factual innocence for certain victims of identity theft.
- Section 2C:58-1 - Registration of manufacturers and wholesale dealers of firearms
- Section 2C:58-2 - Licensing of retail dealers and their employees.
- Section 2C:58-2.1 - Guidelines for delivery of handguns
- Section 2C:58-2.7 - Personalized Handgun Authorization Commission.
- Section 2C:58-2.8 - Definitions relative to personalized handguns; roster.
- Section 2C:58-2.9 - Application, testing, criteria for approval.
- Section 2C:58-2.10 - Availability of personalized handguns for purchase; posting of roster; inspections.
- Section 2C:58-2.11 - Violations, penalties.
- Section 2C:58-2.12 - Suicide prevention course curriculum, informational materials for firearm retail dealers.
- Section 2C:58-3 - Purchase of firearms.
- Section 2C:58-3.1 - Temporary transfer of firearms
- Section 2C:58-3.2 - Temporary transfer of firearm for training purposes
- Section 2C:58-3.3 - "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.
- Section 2C:58-3.4 - Exemption on restriction of purchase of handguns.
- Section 2C:58-4 - Permits to carry handguns.
- Section 2C:58-4.1 - Employee of armored car company; application; letter from chief executive officer
- Section 2C:58-5 - Licenses to possess and carry machine guns and assault firearms
- Section 2C:58-6.1 - Possession of firearms by minors; exceptions.
- Section 2C:58-7 - Persons possessing explosives or destructive devices to notify police
- Section 2C:58-8 - Certain wounds and injuries to be reported.
- Section 2C:58-8.1 - Rules, regulations.
- Section 2C:58-9 - Certain convictions to be reported
- Section 2C:58-10 - Incendiary or tracer ammunition
- Section 2C:58-12 - Registration of assault firearms
- Section 2C:58-13 - Transfer of assault firearm to another; rendering inoperable; voluntarily surrendering
- Section 2C:58-14 - Annual report on assault firearms
- Section 2C:58-14.1 - Voluntary surrender of certain firearm components.
- Section 2C:58-15 - Minor's access to a loaded firearm; penalty, conditions
- Section 2C:58-16 - Retailer's written warnings; wholesaler's warning; violation, penalty
- Section 2C:58-17 - "KeepSafe" program established
- Section 2C:58-18 - Report on KeepSafe program
- Section 2C:58-19 - Report of loss, theft of firearm within 36 hours; violations, penalties.
- Section 2C:58-20 - Short title.
- Section 2C:58-21 - Definitions relative to extreme risk protective orders.
- Section 2C:58-22 - Immunity from liability for law enforcement.
- Section 2C:58-23 - Filing of temporary extreme risk protection order.
- Section 2C:58-24 - Final extreme risk protective order.
- Section 2C:58-25 - Termination of final extreme risk protective order.
- Section 2C:58-26 - Surrender of firearms upon issuance of order.
- Section 2C:58-27 - Transfer, sale of surrendered firearms.
- Section 2C:58-28 - Destruction of firearms permitted.
- Section 2C:58-29 - Violations considered offense; contempt proceedings.
- Section 2C:58-30 - Electronic central registry.
- Section 2C:58-31 - Rules of Court.
- Section 2C:58-32 - Rules, regulations.
- Section 2C:62-1 - Support orders for willful nonsupport
- Section 2C:64-1 - Property subject to forfeiture.
- Section 2C:64-2 - Forfeiture procedures; prima facie contraband
- Section 2C:64-3 - Forfeiture procedures.
- Section 2C:64-4 - Seized property; evidentiary use.
- Section 2C:64-5 - Seized property; rights of owners and others holding interests.
- Section 2C:64-6 - Disposal of forfeited property
- Section 2C:64-7 - Vesting of title in forfeited property
- Section 2C:64-8 - Seized property; statute of limitations on claims
- Section 2C:64-9 - Forfeited weapons with military value; donation to National Guard Militia Museum
- Section 2C:64-10 - "Quarter" defined.
- Section 2C:64-11 - Report to Attorney General.
- Section 2C:64-12 - Responsibilities of Attorney General.
- Section 2C:64-13 - Notification to enforcement agency.
- Section 2C:65-1 - Procedure to be followed by law enforcement agencies when stolen property is taken into custody
- Section 2C:65-2 - Release of stolen property prior to final determination of proceeding
- Section 2C:65-3 - Disposition of stolen property after final determination of proceeding
- Section 2C:65-4 - Disposition of documentary exhibits
- Section 2C:66-1 - Attachment of deposited funds of suspected terrorists or their supporters
- Section 2C:66-2 - Application by Attorney General
- Section 2C:66-3 - Issuance of an order
- Section 2C:66-4 - Duty of financial institutions
- Section 2C:66-5 - Release of funds
- Section 2C:66-6 - Disposition of funds
- Section 2C:66-7 - Time limit
- Section 2C:66-8 - Notice
- Section 2C:66-9 - Rights and remedies of financial institution
- Section 2C:66-10 - No liability for freezing funds
- Section 2C:66-11 - Construction of act
- Section 2C:98-1 - Construction
- Section 2C:98-2 - Repealer
- Section 2C:98-3 - Allocations
- Section 2C:98-4 - Effective date
- Section 2C:104-1 - Definitions
- Section 2C:104-2 - Application for material witness order
- Section 2C:104-3 - Order to appear
- Section 2C:104-4 - Arrest with warrant
- Section 2C:104-5 - Arrest without warrant
- Section 2C:104-6 - Material witness hearing
- Section 2C:104-7 - Conditions of release; confinement
- Section 2C:104-8 - Deposition
- Section 2C:104-9 - Orders appealable
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.