2019 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 26 - Health and Vital Statistics
Section 26:2H-5.33 - Definitions relative to actions by health care facilities.
26:2H-5.33 Definitions relative to actions by health care facilities.
26. a. As used in this section:
"Health care facility" or "facility" means a health care facility licensed pursuant to P.L.1971, c.136 (C.26:2H-1 et seq.).
"Health care professional" means a person licensed to practice a health care profession pursuant to Title 45 of the Revised Statutes.
b. (1) The existing policies and procedures utilized by a health care facility shall, to the maximum extent possible, govern the taking of any action by a health care professional pursuant to sections 1 through 20 of P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et seq.) on the premises owned by, or under the direct control of, the facility, except as otherwise prescribed by regulation of the Commissioner of Health pursuant to paragraph (4) of this subsection.
(2) Any action taken by a health care facility to participate in P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et al.) shall be voluntary on the part of the facility.
(3) A health care facility shall not be subject to a licensure enforcement action by the Department of Health for any action taken in compliance with the provisions of P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et al.).
(4) The Commissioner of Health, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), shall adopt such rules and regulations as are necessary to implement the provisions of sections 1 through 20 of P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et seq.), concerning their application to a health care facility and any action taken by a health care professional on the premises owned by, or under the direct control of, the facility.
(5) The provisions of this subsection shall not preclude a health care facility or health care professional from providing to a patient any health care services to which the provisions of sections 1 through 20 of P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et seq.) do not apply.
L.2019, c.59, s.26.