2019 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 26 - Health and Vital Statistics
Section 26:16-13 - Reporting of information, statistical report.
26:16-13 Reporting of information, statistical report.
13. a. The Commissioner of Health shall require that a health care professional report the following information to the Department of Health on a form and in a manner prescribed by regulation of the commissioner:
(1) No later than 30 days after the dispensing of medication pursuant to P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et al.), the physician or pharmacist who dispensed the medication shall file a copy of the dispensing record with the department, and shall otherwise facilitate the collection of such information as the director may require regarding compliance with P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et al.).
(2) No later than 30 days after the date of the qualified terminally ill patient's death, the attending physician shall transmit to the department such documentation of the patient's death as the director shall require.
(3) In the event that anyone required to report information to the department pursuant to P.L.2019, c.59 (C.26:16-1 et al.) provides an inadequate or incomplete report, the department shall contact the person to request a complete report.
(4) To the maximum extent practicable and consistent with the purposes of this section, the department shall seek to coordinate the process for reporting information pursuant to this subsection with the process for reporting prescription monitoring information by a pharmacy permit holder pursuant to sections 25 through 30 of P.L.2007, c.244 (C.45:1-45 through C.45:1-50).
b. Any information collected pursuant to subsection a. of this section that contains material or data that could be used to identify an individual patient or health care professional shall not be included under materials available to public inspection pursuant to P.L.1963, c.73 (C.47:1A-1 et seq.) and P.L.2001, c.404 (C.47:1A-5 et al.).
c. The department shall prepare and make available to the public on its Internet website an annual statistical report of information collected pursuant to subsection a. of this section.
L.2019, c.59, s.13.