2018 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 9 - CHILDREN--JUVENILE AND DOMESTIC RELATIONS COURTS
Chapter 2 - Custody of children of parents divorced in another state or country; action in Superior Court; notice to persons interested; judgment; exclusion from
- Section 9:2-1 - Custody of children of parents divorced in another state or country; action in Superior Court; notice to persons interested; judgment; exclusion from
- Section 9:2-2 - Custody of children of divorced or separated parents within jurisdiction of Superior Court; removal from jurisdiction; consent; security
- Section 9:2-3 - Custody of children of parents living separately; powers of court
- Section 9:2-4 - Custody of child; rights of both parents considered.
- Section 9:2-4a - Best interest of child primary consideration.
- Section 9:2-4.1 - Person convicted of sexual assault, custody of, visitation to minor child; denied, exceptions.
- Section 9:2-4.2 - Parental access to children's records.
- Section 9:2-5 - Death of parent having custody; reversion of custody to surviving parent; appointment of guardian by superior court; removal
- Section 9:2-7 - Habeas corpus to determine custody of child; access to child
- Section 9:2-7.1 - Visitation rights for grandparents, siblings
- Section 9:2-7.2 - Concealment of child; preliminary hearing as to custody
- Section 9:2-9 - Unfit parents and custodians, court action to grant relief
- Section 9:2-10 - Order for proper care of child
- Section 9:2-11 - Commitment of child to child caring society; cost of proceedings; consent to adoption of child; support by relative
- Section 9:2-12.1 - Definitions relative to child custody, parenting time arrangements related to certain military service absences.
- Section 9:2-13 - Definitions
- Section 9:2-14 - Surrender of child custody; validity
- Section 9:2-15 - Surrender or termination of rights of one parent; rights of other parent
- Section 9:2-16 - Voluntary surrender to approved agency
- Section 9:2-17 - Form of surrender
- Section 9:2-18 - Procedure to terminate parental rights
- Section 9:2-19 - Grounds for terminating custody
- Section 9:2-20 - Judgment terminating rights; effect of judgment
- Section 9:2-21 - Effective date
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.