2018 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Chapter 13 - Expenditures for crippled children and children with cerebral palsy
Section 9:13-7 - Expenditures for crippled children and children with cerebral palsy

Universal Citation: NJ Rev Stat § 9:13-7 (2018)

Section: 9:13-7: Expenditures for crippled children and children with cerebral palsy

The board of chosen freeholders of a county which has no county home and hospital for crippled children and children afflicted with cerebral palsy may appropriate not more than $75,000.00 each year for the necessary expense incident to the diagnosis and treatment of such children resident in the county under the age of 21 years, including the cost of surgical appliances, support and maintenance of such children, investigation of cases, and necessary traveling expenses incidental to the investigation and transportation of patients to a suitable home or hospital within the State supported by public funds or private charity; provided, however, that the board of chosen freeholders in a county of the first class having a population in excess of 800,000 may appropriate not more than $100,000.00 each year. Within such appropriation such board of chosen freeholders or its appropriate committees, may, in its discretion, pay the whole or any part of the cost of transporting such persons to and from sheltered workrooms.

Before spending money for such purposes the board shall adopt such rules and regulations as it deems desirable concerning the requirements of residence and eligibility for such relief. Disbursements shall be made through officers designated by the board for that purpose on verified bills presented and approved as in the case of other county expenditures.

Amended by L.1938, c. 406, p. 1195, s. 1; L.1951, c. 228, p. 804, s. 1; L.1957, c. 217, p. 752, s. 1; L.1959, c. 189, p. 760, s. 1; L.1971, c. 59, s. 1, eff. March 24, 1971.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.