2018 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2C - THE NEW JERSEY CODE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Chapter 52 - Definition of expungement
- Section 2c:52-1 - Definition of expungement
- Section 2c:52-2 - Indictable offenses.
- Section 2c:52-3 - Disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses
- Section 2c:52-4 - Ordinances
- Section 2c:52-4.1 - Juvenile delinquent; expungement of adjudications and charges.
- Section 2c:52-5 - Expungement of records of young drug offenders
- Section 2c:52-6 - Arrests not resulting in conviction
- Section 2c:52-7 - Petition for expungement
- Section 2c:52-8 - Statements to accompany petition
- Section 2c:52-9 - Order fixing time for hearing
- Section 2c:52-10 - Service of petition and documents
- Section 2c:52-11 - Order expungement where no objection prior to hearing
- Section 2c:52-12 - Denial of relief although no objection entered
- Section 2c:52-13 - When hearing on petition for expungement shall not be held
- Section 2c:52-14 - Grounds for denial of relief.
- Section 2c:52-15 - Records to be removed; control
- Section 2c:52-16 - Expunged record including names of persons other than petitioner
- Section 2c:52-17 - Use of expunged records by agencies on pending petition for expungement
- Section 2c:52-18 - Supplying information to violent crimes compensation board
- Section 2c:52-19 - Order of superior court permitting inspection of records or release of information; limitations
- Section 2c:52-20 - Use of expunged records in conjunction with supervisory treatment or diversion programs
- Section 2c:52-21 - Use of expunged records in conjunction with setting bail, presentence report or sentencing
- Section 2c:52-22 - Use of expunged records by parole board
- Section 2c:52-23 - Use of expunged records by department of corrections
- Section 2c:52-23.1 - Use of expunged records; nullification.
- Section 2c:52-24 - County prosecutor's obligation to ascertain propriety of petition
- Section 2c:52-25 - Retroactive application
- Section 2c:52-26 - Vacating of orders of sealing; time; basis
- Section 2c:52-27 - Effect of expungement
- Section 2c:52-27.1 - Petition to rescind order of debarment for health care claims fraud; restoration.
- Section 2c:52-28 - Motor vehicle offenses
- Section 2c:52-29 - Fee
- Section 2c:52-30 - Disclosure of expungement order
- Section 2c:52-31 - Limitation
- Section 2c:52-32 - Construction
- Section 2c:52-32.1 - Petition for judicial determination of factual innocence for certain victims of identity theft.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.