2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 40A - MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES
Section 40A:9-9.2 - Directory of local authorities, boards, commissions.
40A:9-9.2 Directory of local authorities, boards, commissions.
2. a. (1) The clerk of the municipality, or other official designated by the governing body, shall compile and maintain, on an ongoing basis, a directory of local authorities, boards and commissions.
(2) The directory shall include at least the following information for every authority, board and commission:
(a) the name of the authority, board, or commission;
(b) the number of members or positions;
(c) a list of currently appointed members, along with their terms of office;
(e) general frequency of meetings; and
(f) the appointing authority and the enabling statute, ordinance, or resolution, if any.
b. (1) Any person interested in service on a municipal authority, board or commission shall file a one-page form with the clerk of the municipality expressing interest in public service.
(2) The form shall be in substantially the following form however, a municipality may require the submission of additional information:
Citizen Leadership Form
I, , hereby apply to perform public service on the following municipal authorities, boards or commissions:
2. Address of Residence:
3. Phone Number:
4. E-mail Address:
5. Education, prior volunteer or work related experience, or other civic involvement which could be of use to authorities, boards or commissions:
(3) Address, phone number and email address shall be deemed confidential for the purposes of P.L.1963, c.73 (C.47:1A-1 et seq.) and P.L.2001, c.404 (C.47:1A-5 et al.).
L.2009, c.141, s.2.