2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 40A - MUNICIPALITIES AND COUNTIES
Section 40A:4-6.1 - Satisfaction of advertisement of budget requirements
40A:4-6.1. Satisfaction of advertisement of budget requirements
12. The governing body of a municipality or county may satisfy the advertisement requirements for the introduction and passage of a budget in the following manner:
a. The publication of a summary pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.40A:4-6 citing:
(1) The totals of the major sections of the budget, including but not limited to, operating expenses, capital improvement appropriations, salaries and wages, and surplus for the previous and current budget years;
(2) The amount of any principal and interest of any debt to be paid in the current budget year and the total amount of debt remaining;
(3) The total number of persons employed in the previous budget year and the total number estimated to be employed in the current budget year, the municipal purposes property tax levy of the previous budget year and the estimated municipal purposes property tax levy of the current budget year, the total amount to be raised by taxation and the total amount to be received from other sources in the current budget year, and the total appropriations of the previous year's budget and of the current year's budget; and
(4) The location, phone number and office hours of the principal municipal or county building where copies of the budget will be available to the public and the name of the person or the office to be contacted if a person wants to receive a copy of the budget by mail.
b. The name of the municipality or county and the budget title shall be printed in bold 16 point typeface and the remainder of the summary shall be printed in bold 8 point typeface.