2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 4 - AGRICULTURE AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Section 4:4-20.9 - Inspection fees and reports
4:4-20.9 Inspection fees and reports
9. Inspection fees and reports. a. An inspection fee at the rate of $0.30 per ton shall be paid on commercial feeds distributed in this State by the person who distributes the commercial feed to the consumer subject to the following:
(1) No fee shall be paid on a commercial feed if the payment has been made by a previous distributor.
(2) No fee shall be paid on customer formula feeds if the inspection fee is paid on the commercial feeds which are used as ingredients therein.
(3) No fee shall be paid on commercial feeds which are used as ingredients for the manufacture of commercial feeds which are subject to the inspection fee. If the fee has already been paid, credit shall be given for such payment.
(4) In the case of a person who manufactures or distributes commercial feed in the State, a minimum annual fee of $250.00 shall be paid.
b. Each person who is liable for the payment of such fee shall:
(1) File, not later than January 31 of each year, a statement, setting forth the number of net tons of commercial feeds distributed in this State during the preceding calendar year; and upon filing such statement shall pay the inspection fee at the rate stated in subsection a.of this section. Inspection fees which are due and owing and have not been remitted to the department within 15 days following the due date shall have a penalty fee of 10% (minimum $10.00) added to the amount due when payment is finally made. The assessment of this penalty fee shall not prevent the department from taking other actions as provided in this act.
(2) Keep such records as may be necessary or required by the State board to indicate accurately the tonnage of commercial feed distributed in this State, and the department shall have the right to examine such records to verify statements of tonnage.
Failure to make an accurate statement of tonnage or to pay the inspection fee or comply as provided herein shall constitute sufficient cause for the cancellation of all registrations on file for the distributor.
c. Fees imposed by, and fines collected for violations of this act, shall be deposited in the State Treasury.
L.1970,c.338,s.9; amended 1975, c.370; 2002, c.34, s.3.