2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Section 4:4-20.12 - Detained commercial feeds

4:4-20.12. Detained commercial feeds

a. "Withdrawal from distribution" orders: When the State Chemist or his authorized agent has reasonable cause to believe any lot of commercial feed is being distributed in violation of any of the provisions of this act or any of the prescribed regulations under this act, he may issue and enforce a written or printed "withdrawal from distribution" order, warning the distributor not to dispose of the lot of commercial feed in any manner until written permission is given by the State Chemist or the court. The State Chemist shall release the lot of commercial feed so withdrawn when said provisions and regulations have been complied with. If compliance is not obtained within 30 days, the State Chemist may begin, or upon request of the distributor or registrant shall begin, proceedings for condemnation.

b. "Condemnation and confiscation" : Any lot of commercial feed not in compliance with said provisions and regulations shall be subject to seizure on complaint of the secretary to a court of competent jurisdiction in the area in which said commercial feed is located. In the event the court finds the said commercial feed to be in violation of this act and orders the condemnation of said commercial feed, it shall be disposed of in any manner consistent with the quality of the commercial feed and the laws of the State, provided, that in no instance shall the disposition of said commercial feed be ordered by the court without first giving the claimant an opportunity to apply to the court for release of said commercial feed or for permission to process or relabel said commercial feed to bring it into compliance with this act.

L.1970, c. 338, s. 12, eff. Jan. 1, 1971.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.