2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 4 - AGRICULTURE AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Section 4:22-17.6 - Responsibilities of DOH, municipality.
4:22-17.6 Responsibilities of DOH, municipality.
6. a. The Department of Health, in consultation with the Attorney General, shall:
(1) provide to each municipality in writing sufficient copies of (a)this act, R.S.4:22-17, and R.S.4:22-26; (b) a plain language description of the provisions and requirements thereof; and (c) a plain language description of how to comply with those provisions and requirements; and
(2) post on its website the materials enumerated in paragraph (1) of this subsection.
b. Each municipality shall:
(1) provide the materials enumerated in and provided pursuant to subsection a. of this section, along with any other information deemed relevant by the municipality, to each person obtaining a license for a dog at the time of licensing; and
(2) post on its website the materials enumerated in and provided pursuant to subsection a. of this section.
The municipality may pay any cost incurred by complying with the requirements of this subsection with fees forwarded to the treasurer of the municipality pursuant to section 11 of P.L.1941, c.151 (C.4:19-15.11).
L.2017, c.189, s.6.