2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 4 - AGRICULTURE AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Section 4:1C-32.8 - Pilot program permitting special occasion events.
4:1C-32.8 Pilot program permitting special occasion events.
2. a. The State Agriculture Development Committee shall establish a pilot program permitting special occasion events to be conducted on preserved farmland at a winery provided that:
(1) the gross income generated by the winery from all special occasion events conducted for the calendar year together account for less than 50 percent of the annual gross income of the winery;
(2) the special occasion event uses the agricultural output of the winery, to the maximum extent practicable, to promote agricultural tourism and advance the agricultural or horticultural output of the winery;
(3) the special occasion event is conducted on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday, or federal or State holiday, except that a special occasion event may be conducted on any other day of the week with the approval of the State Agriculture Development Committee. The committee may delegate its authority in that regard to a county agriculture development board;
(4) the special occasion event is conducted in: (a) a temporary structure, such as an enclosed or open canopy or tent or other portable structure or facility, and any temporary structure would be put in place for only the minimum amount of time reasonably necessary to accommodate the special occasion event; (b) an existing permanent agricultural building; (c) a farm or open air pavilion; or (d) another structure used in the normal course of winery operations and activities;
(5) the special occasion event complies with applicable municipal ordinances, resolutions, or regulations concerning litter, solid waste, and traffic and the protection of public health and safety;
(6) the winery shall be subject to a site plan review and any applicable development approvals as may be required under an ordinance adopted pursuant to the "Municipal Land Use Law," P.L.1975, c.291 (C.40:55D-1 et seq.);
(7) the special occasion event is subject to the noise standards set forth pursuant to the "Noise Control Act," P.L.1971, c.418 (C.13:1G-1 et seq.), and the rules and regulations adopted thereto;
(8) the special occasion event complies with any applicable municipal ordinance that restricts performing or playing music inside the winery's buildings and structures;
(9) the special occasion event ends at a specific time, if required pursuant to a curfew established by a municipal ordinance;
(10) the special occasion event would not knowingly result in a significant and direct negative impact to any property adjacent to the winery; and
(11) the winery hosting a special occasion event enforces State and federal requirements concerning the legal drinking age.
b. In determining the annual gross income of a winery pursuant to this section, the gross income received from any special occasion event shall include, but need not be limited to, admission fees; rental fees; setup, breakdown, and cleaning fees; and all other revenue that is not directly related to the agricultural output of the winery but is received by the winery in conjunction with conducting a special occasion event.
L.2014, c.16, s.2.