2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 4 - AGRICULTURE AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Section 4:12A-35 - Refusal or suspension or revocation of license; grounds
4:12A-35. Refusal or suspension or revocation of license; grounds
The director after hearing duly held in accordance with the provisions of this act, may decline to grant a license or may issue a license conditionally, or may suspend or revoke a license already granted when satisfied of the existence of any of the following:
(1) That an applicant or a licensee has rejected, without reasonable cause, any milk from one of its regular producers.
(2) That the applicant or licensee has failed to account and make payment, without reasonable cause, for any milk purchased from a producer.
(3) When it has been established by evidence submitted to the director by the State or local health authorities that the applicant or licensee has committed any act likely to undermine health regulations and standards as established by health laws and ordinances.
(4) That the applicant or licensee has committed any act injurious to trade or commerce, or any act which may demoralize the price structure of milk or interfere with an ample supply of milk for the inhabitants of this State.
(5) Where the applicant or licensee has continued in a course of dealing of such a nature as to satisfy the director of his inability or unwillingness properly to conduct the business of receiving or selling milk in accordance with the provisions of this act.
(6) Where the applicant or licensee has been a party to a combination to fix prices contrary to the provisions of this act.
(7) Where the applicant or licensee has continued in a course of dealing of such nature as to satisfy the director of an intent to deceive or defraud stores, producers, consumers, subdealers or other dealers in those matters regulated by the provisions of this act.
(8) Where the applicant or licensee has failed either to keep records or to furnish the statements or information required by section thirty-seven of this act.
(9) Where any applicant or licensee has made false statements to the director or the board or has testified falsely in any hearing before the director or the board.
(10) That the applicant or licensee is not qualified by character, experience, financial responsibility and equipment to properly conduct the proposed business.
(11) That the applicant or licensee is a partnership, corporation, firm or association and any individual holding any position or interest or power or control therein has previously been responsible in whole or in part for any act on account of which a license may be denied, suspended or revoked pursuant to the provisions of this section or law or the similar laws which preceded it.
(12) That the applicant or licensee has violated any of the provisions of this act, or any of the rules, regulations or orders of the director or has violated any of the provisions of similar laws or of orders, rules and regulations issued thereunder which have preceded this act.
The director may without hearing continue any ruling or order made as to license or any applicant or licensee which was made after hearing when any subsequent application for license is filed by said applicant or licensee.
The issuance or renewal by the director of a license hereunder shall not preclude the director from suspending, conditioning or revoking such license for acts as set forth in this section committed by the licensee prior to the license period unless the director or the predecessor board had proceeded against the applicant or licensee, and the order made thereupon had been complied with by the applicant or licensee.
L.1941, c. 274, p. 727, s. 35.