2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 4 - AGRICULTURE AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Section 4:10-25.9 - "New Jersey Fresh Mobiles Operation Fund."
4:10-25.9 "New Jersey Fresh Mobiles Operation Fund."
7. a. The Secretary of Agriculture is authorized to receive and expend, for the purposes specified in subsection b. of this section, any moneys that are obtained thereby through:
(1) appropriations or allocations of funds to the department for purposes consistent with this act, except for moneys allocated for the State Food Purchase Program;
(2) grant or loan awards made available to the department for purposes consistent with this act;
(3) direct contributions, gifts, legacies, bequests, or endowments for purposes consistent with this act; and
(4) any other source for purposes consistent with this act.
b. The secretary shall deposit all moneys received pursuant to subsection a. of this section in a special account to be known as the "New Jersey Fresh Mobiles Operation Fund." The secretary may expend the moneys deposited in the fund, in addition to any interest accrued thereon, and any dividends and returns resulting from investment of the moneys in the fund, for any of the following purposes:
(1) advertising and publicizing the initiative;
(2) developing and distributing educational materials as part of the initiative;
(3) providing financing for any studies that are reasonably necessary to evaluate the efficacy of the Fresh Mobiles Initiative Pilot Program;
(4) offsetting any costs incurred by the department or participating municipalities in complying with the provisions of this act; and
(5) providing financing for any other activity or endeavor that is consistent with the purposes of this act, and that will support, or facilitate the efficient and effective operation of, the Fresh Mobiles Initiative Pilot Program.
L.2011, c.223, s.7.