2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 4 - AGRICULTURE AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS
Section 4:10-25.1 - "Jersey Fresh Farm to School Week."
4:10-25.1 "Jersey Fresh Farm to School Week."
1. a. The Department of Agriculture, in cooperation with the Department of Education, shall coordinate with farmers in the State, the New Jersey Farm to School Network or its successor entity, public, private, and charter schools and their food services, and other interested and relevant organizations and groups, as determined by the Department of Agriculture and the Department of Education, to establish an annual week of promotional events to be known as "Jersey Fresh Farm to School Week." The week shall be celebrated each year throughout the State with the holding of relevant promotional events during the last week of September.
b. "Jersey Fresh Farm to School Week" shall highlight and promote the value and importance of New Jersey agriculture and fresh foods produced in New Jersey, and the value and importance of fresh farm foods for children, their general health, and their success in school. The promotional events shall be provided to:
(1) children through school breakfast, lunch, and snack programs and in the classroom;
(2) community groups, churches, and service organizations;
(3) the public at large at farms and community farmers markets; and
(4) other organizations or groups or at other locations in the State determined by the Department of Agriculture to be beneficial for the success of promoting the value and importance of New Jersey agriculture and fresh foods produced in New Jersey.
L.2011, c.10, s.1.