2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 39 - MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC REGULATION
Section 39:5D-1 - Findings and declaration of policy
39:5D-1. Findings and declaration of policy
(a) The party States find that:
(1) The safety of their streets and highways is materially affected by the degree of compliance with State laws and local ordinances relating to the operation of motor vehicles.
(2) Violation of such a law or ordinance is evidence that the violator engages in conduct which is likely to endanger the safety of persons and property.
(3) The continuance in force of a license to drive is predicated upon compliance with laws and ordinances relating to the operation of motor vehicles, in whichever jurisdiction the vehicle is operated.
(b) It is the policy of each of the party States to:
(1) Promote compliance with the laws, ordinances, and administrative rules and regulations relating to the operation of motor vehicles by their operators in each of the jurisdictions where such operators drive motor vehicles.
(2) Make the reciprocal recognition of licenses to drive and eligibility therefor more just and equitable by considering the over-all compliance with motor vehicle laws, ordinances and administrative rules and regulations as a condition precedent to the continuance or issuance of any license by reason of which the licensee is authorized or permitted to operate a motor vehicle in any of the party States.
L.1966, c. 73, s. 1.