2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 18A - EDUCATION
Section 18A:7G-37 - Submission of sworn contractor certification; requirements.
18A:7G-37 Submission of sworn contractor certification; requirements.
63. a. A prequalified contractor seeking to bid school facilities projects, and any subcontractors required to be named under P.L.2000, c.72 (C.18A:7G-1 et al.) shall, as a condition of bidding, submit a sworn contractor certification regarding qualifications and credentials.
b. In the contractor certification form, a principal owner or officer of the company shall certify that the firm has the following qualifications and credentials:
(1) A current, valid certificate of registration issued pursuant to "The Public Works Contractor Registration Act," P.L.1999, c.238 (C.34:11-56.48 et seq.), a copy of which shall be attached to the certification form, if applicable;
(2) A current, valid "Certificate of Authority to perform work in New Jersey" issued by the Department of the Treasury, a copy of which shall be attached to the certification form;
(3) Any current, valid contractor or trade license required under applicable New Jersey law for any trade or specialty area in which the firm seeks to perform work, a copy of which shall be attached to the certification;
(4) During the term of construction of the school facilities project, the contractor will have in place a suitable quality control and quality insurance program and an appropriate safety and health plan.
c. The contractor certification form shall further require that a principal owner or officer of the company certify that, at the time that the firm is bidding a project, the amount of its bid proposal and the value of all of its outstanding incomplete contracts does not exceed the firm's existing aggregate rating limit.