2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 18A - EDUCATION
Section 18A:7C-6.6 - Provision of information to parents, guardians.
18A:7C-6.6 Provision of information to parents, guardians.
2. a. No later than October 1 of each school year, a school district or charter school shall provide to the parents or guardians of a student enrolled in the district or charter school information on any State assessment or commercially-developed standardized assessment that will be administered to the student in that school year. If a school district or charter school elects to administer an additional commercially-developed standardized assessment after October 1, then the information shall be provided within 30 days of that determination. The information, as determined by the commissioner through regulations adopted pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), shall include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(1) the subject area of the assessment and grade levels covered by the assessment;
(2) the date or range of potential dates for the administration of the assessment;
(3) the time allotted for the student to take and complete the assessment;
(4) any accommodations or accessibility options available to students;
(5) information on how and when the student and his parent or guardian can access both sample questions and answers to the assessment and the student's results; and
(6) whether the assessment is required by the State, the federal government, or both.
b. The commissioner shall provide to each school district and charter school a model document to provide to parents or guardians the information required pursuant to subsection a. of this section and information on the costs incurred by the State associated with the administration of the State assessment.
c. The information required pursuant to subsection a. of this section shall be provided, to the maximum extent feasible, in the native languages of the parents or guardians of the students enrolled in the school district or charter school.
d. The information provided pursuant to subsection a. of this section shall also be available at the meeting of the board of education of the district or the meeting of the board of trustees of the charter school at which the annual School Performance Reports are presented to the public.
L.2015, c.244, s.2.