2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 18A - EDUCATION
Section 18A:75A-19 - Binding effect of compact and other laws.
18A:75A-19 Binding effect of compact and other laws.
19. Article XVIII: Binding Effect of Compact and Other Laws
a. Other Laws
(1) Nothing herein prevents the enforcement of any other law of a member state that is not inconsistent with this compact.
(2) All member states' laws conflicting with this compact are superseded to the extent of the conflict.
b. Binding Effect of the Compact
(1) All lawful actions of the Interstate Commission, including all rules and bylaws promulgated by the Interstate Commission, are binding upon the member states.
(2) All agreements between the Interstate Commission and the member states are binding in accordance with their terms.
(3) In the event any provision of this compact exceeds the constitutional limits imposed on the legislature of any member state, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the conflict with the constitutional provision in question in that member state.
L.2009, c.279, s.19.