2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 18A - EDUCATION
Section 18A:62-46.1 - Collective Statewide reverse transfer agreement.
18A:62-46.1 Collective Statewide reverse transfer agreement.
1. a. Each institution of higher education, in consultation with the Secretary of Higher Education and the New Jersey Presidents' Council, shall establish and enter into a collective Statewide reverse transfer agreement. Under the agreement, a student enrolled in a four-year institution of higher education who has a cumulative total of 66 credits earned between a county college and the four-year institution may be awarded an associate degree by the county college. The reverse transfer agreement shall address the following:
(1) the effective communication between the county college and the four-year institution on student transcripts and course equivalencies;
(2) the process by which a student is notified of potential eligibility, and by which the four-year institution obtains the consent of the student for release of his transcript to the county college;
(3) procedures for advising students on the courses that a student needs to complete to attain an associate degree;
(4) policies and procedures for the annual review and update of the agreement; and
(5) policies and procedures for the collection of data by the secretary to ensure that all institutions are in compliance with this section. The secretary shall annually determine the data to be collected and shall notify each institution in a timely manner.
b. The policies and procedures set forth in the collective Statewide reverse transfer agreement shall be fully operational by September 1, 2018.
c. (1) The annual report prepared by the Secretary of Higher Education pursuant to section 4 of P.L.2007, c.175 (C.18A:62-49) shall include an analysis of each institution's compliance with the provisions of this section.
(2) In the first annual report issued after the effective date of this act, the secretary shall identify the institutions that have entered into a reverse transfer agreement prior to that effective date, and the institutions that enter into an agreement on or after that effective date.
L.2017, c.130, s.1.