2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 18A - EDUCATION
Section 18A:61C-10 - Dual enrollment agreement.
18A:61C-10 Dual enrollment agreement.
1. a. A school district with a high school may enter into a dual enrollment agreement with one or more public institutions of higher education.
b. A public institution of higher education, other than a State college which generally limits enrollment in its undergraduate programs to persons who are at least 21 years of age, shall enter into a dual enrollment agreement with one or more school districts with a high school.
c. A dual enrollment agreement between a public institution of higher education and a school district shall delineate the dual enrollment program pursuant to which instruction is provided to high school students through courses offered by the institution of higher education on its campus or on the campus of the public high school for college credit or credit toward a career certificate.
d. The dual enrollment agreement shall include:
(1) a description of the courses available to students eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program;
(2) a description of the student eligibility requirements for initial and continuing participation in the dual enrollment program, which shall include a provision that ensures that an eligible student is not excluded from participation because of an inability to pay;
(3) a description of the process by which a student and his parent or guardian exercise the option to participate in the dual enrollment program;
(4) a provision ensuring that any dual enrollment course taught on the high school campus is equivalent in rigor to courses taught on the campus of the institution of higher education;
(5) a description of the process by which a student and his parent or guardian are informed about opportunities for student participation in the dual enrollment program; and
(6) such other items as deemed appropriate by the Commissioner of Education and the Secretary of Higher Education.
L.2014, c.74, s.1.