2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 18A - EDUCATION
Section 18A:37-35 - Task force to develop policy.
18A:37-35 Task force to develop policy.
3. a. The Department of Education shall establish a task force to develop a policy to address incidents of dating violence involving students at school. The task force shall include members who have expertise in issues relating to dating violence. The policy shall contain, at a minimum, the following components:
(1) a statement that dating violence will not be tolerated;
(2) dating violence reporting procedures;
(3) guidelines for responding to at-school incidents of dating violence;
(4) discipline procedures specific to at-school incidents of dating violence;
(5) warning signs of dating violence; and
(6) information on safe, appropriate school, family, peer, and community resources available to address dating violence.
b. Each school district shall implement either the policy developed by the department or a dating violence policy developed by the district. In the event that a district determines to develop its policy, the policy shall contain, at a minimum, the components required pursuant to paragraphs (1) through (6) of subsection a. of this section.
c. Notice of the policy implemented by the school district shall appear in any publication of the district that sets forth the comprehensive rules, procedures, and standards of conduct for schools within the district, and in any student handbook.
L.2011, c.64, s.3.