2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:32A-9 - Plan of operation
17B:32A-9. Plan of operation
9. a. (1) The association shall submit to the commissioner a plan of operation and any amendments thereto necessary or suitable to assure the fair, reasonable, and equitable administration of the association. The plan of operation and any amendments thereto shall become effective upon the commissioner's written approval or at the expiration of 30 days after submission if it has not been disapproved.
(2) If the association fails to submit a suitable plan of operation within 120 days following the effective date of this act or if at any time thereafter the association fails to submit suitable amendments to the plan, the commissioner shall adopt such plan or amendments necessary to effectuate the provisions of this act. The plan or amendments shall continue in force until modified by the commissioner or superseded by a plan submitted by the association and approved by the commissioner.
b. All member insurers shall comply with the plan of operation.
c. The plan of operation shall, in addition to requirements enumerated elsewhere in this act:
(1) establish procedures for handling the assets of the association;
(2) establish the amount and method of reimbursing members of the board of directors under subsection c. of section 6 of this act;
(3) establish regular places and times for meetings, including telephone conference calls, of the board of directors;
(4) establish procedures for records to be kept of all financial transactions of the association, its agents, and the board of directors;
(5) establish the procedures whereby selections for the board of directors will be made and submitted to the commissioner;
(6) establish any additional procedures for the imposition of assessments under section 8 of this act; and
(7) contain additional provisions necessary or proper for the execution of the powers and duties of the association.
d. The plan of operation may provide for the delegation of any or all powers and duties of the association, except those set forth in paragraph (3) of subsection m. of section 7 and section 8 of this act, to a corporation, association, or other organization which performs or will perform functions similar to those of the association, or its equivalent, in two or more other states. Such a corporation, association, or organization shall be reimbursed for any payments made on behalf of the association and shall be paid for its performance of any function of the association. A delegation under this subsection d. shall take effect only with the approval of both the board of directors and the commissioner, and may be made only to a corporation, association, or organization which extends protection not substantially less favorable or effective than that provided by this act.