2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:32-63 - Proposal to disburse assets
17B:32-63. Proposal to disburse assets
33. a. Within 120 days of a final determination of insolvency of an insurer by a court of competent jurisdiction of this State, the liquidator shall make application to the court for approval of a proposal to disburse assets out of marshalled assets, from time to time as those assets become available, to a guaranty association or foreign guaranty association having obligations because of that insolvency. If the liquidator determines that there are insufficient assets to disburse, the application required by this section shall be considered satisfied by a filing by the liquidator stating the reasons for this determination.
b. The proposal shall at least include provisions for:
(1) Reserving amounts for the payment of expenses of administration and the payment of claims of secured creditors, to the extent of the value of the security held, and claims falling within Classes 1 and 2 of the priorities of distribution established pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) of subsection a. of section 41 of this act;
(2) Disbursement of the assets marshalled to date and subsequent disbursement of assets as they become available;
(3) Equitable allocation of disbursements to each guaranty association and foreign guaranty association entitled thereto;
(4) The securing by the liquidator from each guaranty association and foreign guaranty association entitled to disbursements pursuant to this section of an agreement to return to the liquidator such assets, together with income earned on assets previously disbursed, as may be required to pay claims of secured creditors and claims falling within the priorities of distribution established in section 41 of this act in accordance with those priorities. No bond shall be required of any guaranty association or foreign guaranty association; and
(5) A full report to be made by each guaranty association and foreign guaranty association to the liquidator accounting for all assets so disbursed to the association, all disbursements made therefrom, any interest earned by the association on those assets and any other matter as the court may direct.
c. The liquidator's proposal shall provide for disbursements to each guaranty association and foreign guaranty association in amounts estimated at least equal to the claim payments made or to be made thereby for which such association could assert a claim against the liquidator, and shall further provide that if the assets available for disbursement from time to time do not equal or exceed the amount of those claims payments made or to be made by the association, then disbursements shall be in the amount of available assets.
d. Notice of application pursuant to this section shall be given to the guaranty association and foreign guaranty associations and the commissioners or other insurance regulators of each of the states. Any such notice shall be deemed to have been given when deposited in the United States certified mails, first class postage prepaid, at least 30 days prior to submission of the application to the court. Action on the application may be taken by the court provided the above required notice has been given and provided further that the liquidator's proposal complies with paragraphs (1) and (2) of subsection b. of this section.