2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:32-48 - Policies to continue in force
17B:32-48. Policies to continue in force
18. a. Policies of life or health insurance or annuities shall continue in force for such period and under such terms as is provided for by the guaranty association or any applicable foreign guaranty association.
b. Policies of life or health insurance or annuities or any period or coverage of those policies not covered by the guaranty association or a foreign guaranty association shall continue in force only for the lesser of:
(1) A period of 30 days from the date of entry of the liquidation orders;
(2) The expiration of the policy coverage;
(3) The date when the insured has replaced the insurance coverage with equivalent insurance in another insurer or otherwise terminated the policy;
(4) The liquidator has effected a transfer of the policy obligation pursuant to paragraph (9) of subsection a. of section 20 of this act; or
(5) The date proposed by the liquidator and approved by the court to cancel coverage.
An order for liquidation under section 17 of this act shall terminate coverages at the time specified in this subsection b. for purposes of any other law.