2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:30B-6 - Filing of annual statement.
17B:30B-6 Filing of annual statement.
6. a. Each viatical settlement provider licensee shall file with the commissioner on or before March 1 of each year an annual statement containing that information which the commissioner by regulation may prescribe. This information is limited to only those transactions in which the viator is a resident of this State and shall not include individual transaction data or data which compromises the privacy of personal, financial, and health information of the viator or insured.
b. Except as otherwise allowed or required by law, a viatical settlement provider, insurance company, life insurance producer, information bureau, rating agency or company, or any other person with actual knowledge of the identity of the insured, shall not disclose that identity, or the insured's financial or medical information, to any other person unless the disclosure:
(1) Is necessary to effect a viatical settlement contract between the viator and a viatical settlement provider and the viator and insured have provided prior written consent to the disclosure;
(2) Is provided in response to an investigation or examination by the commissioner or any other governmental officer or agency or pursuant to the requirements of subsection e. of section 12 of this act;
(3) Is a term of or condition to the transfer of a policy by one viatical settlement provider to another viatical settlement provider;
(4) Is necessary to permit a financing entity, related provider trust or special purpose entity to finance the purchase of policies by a viatical settlement provider and the viator and insured have provided prior written consent to the disclosure;
(5) Is necessary to allow the viatical settlement provider or its authorized representative to make contacts for the purpose of determining health status; or
(6) Is required to purchase stop loss coverage.
c. In addition to the information required in this section, the commissioner may require that either or both viatical settlement providers and life insurance producers provide to the commissioner that information the commissioner determines by regulation, regarding the amount and method of compensation paid to life insurance producers for negotiating a viatical settlement contract pursuant to this act.