2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:30B-4 - Refusal to issue, suspension, revocation, refusal to renew license.
17B:30B-4 Refusal to issue, suspension, revocation, refusal to renew license.
4. a. The commissioner may refuse to issue, suspend, revoke or refuse to renew the license of a viatical settlement provider, if the commissioner finds that:
(1) There was any material misrepresentation in the application for the license;
(2) The licensee or any officer, partner, member or key management personnel has been convicted of fraudulent or dishonest practices, is subject to a final administrative action or is otherwise shown to be untrustworthy or incompetent to act as a licensee;
(3) The licensee demonstrates a pattern of unreasonable payments to viators;
(4) The licensee or any officer, partner, member or key management personnel has been found guilty of, or has pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to, any felony, or to a misdemeanor involving fraud or moral turpitude, regardless of whether a judgment of conviction has been entered by the court;
(5) The licensee has entered into any settlement contract that has not been approved pursuant to this act;
(6) The licensee has failed to honor contractual obligations set out in a viatical settlement contract;
(7) The licensee no longer meets the requirements for initial licensure;
(8) The licensee has assigned, transferred or pledged a viaticated policy to a person other than a viatical settlement provider licensed in this State, an accredited investor or qualified institutional buyer as defined respectively in Regulation D, Rule 501 (17 C.F.R. 230.501 through 230.508) or Rule 144A (17 C.F.R. 230.144A) of the federal "Securities Act of 1933" (15 U.S.C. s.77a et seq.), as amended, financing entity, special purpose entity or related provider trust; or
(9) The licensee or any officer, partner, member or key management personnel has violated any provision of this act.
b. The commissioner may suspend, revoke or refuse to renew the license of a life insurance producer if the commissioner finds that the life insurance producer has violated the provisions of this act.
c. Before the commissioner denies a license application or suspends, revokes or refuses to renew the license of a viatical settlement provider or suspends, revokes or refuses to renew the license of a life insurance producer pursuant to this act, the commissioner shall conduct a hearing in accordance with the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.).