2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:30-44 - "New Jersey Hospital Care Payment Fund."
17B:30-44 "New Jersey Hospital Care Payment Fund."
4. a. There is established the "New Jersey Hospital Care Payment Fund" in the Department of the Treasury.
b. The fund shall be comprised of monies collected from debtors of hospitals pursuant to this act, and any other monies appropriated thereto to carry out the purposes of this act.
c. The fund shall be a nonlapsing fund, from which costs shall be paid in the following order, for each hospital participating:
(1) administrative costs of the department to implement the provisions of P.L.2003, c.112 (C.17B:30-41 et seq.);
(2) administrative fees to the collection agency;
(3) 50% of the remainder, but only from monies collected from debtors of hospitals pursuant to this act after paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection are paid, shall be payable to the hospital from which the debt originated within 90 days of receipt of monies related to discharge of the assigned debt into the fund; and
(4) the remainder, after paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) of this subsection are paid, shall be deposited into the General Fund.
L.2003, c.112, s.4; amended 2010, c.87, s.6.