2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 17B - INSURANCE
Section 17B:21-7 - Fees
a. On filing any certificate, executed by an insurer of this State, in the department, there shall be paid to the commissioner, for the use of the State, fees as follows:
(1) Certificate of incorporation, for each thousand dollars ($1,000.00) of the total amount of the capital stock authorized, but in no case less than twenty-five dollars ($25.00), twenty cents ($0.20).
(2) Increase of capital stock, for each thousand dollars ($1,000.00) of the total increase authorized, but in no case less than twenty dollars ($20.00), twenty cents ($0.20).
(3) Consolidation and merger of insurers, $20.00.
(4) Extension of corporate existence, the same as required by this section for the original certificate of incorporation.
(5) Dissolution of insurer, change of name, change of nature of business, or for amended certificates of incorporation (other than those authorizing increase of capital stock), decrease of capital stock, increase or decrease of par value of shares, $20.00.
(6) In all cases where several amendments are contained in one certificate, for each amendment, $20.00.
(7) All certificates not hereby provided for, $5.00.
b. The commissioner shall also charge and collect for his services under this subtitle, in addition to any other fees and charges due and payable into the State treasury for any of his official acts or services, and pay into the State treasury the following fees:
(1) Filing the certified copy of the charter, deed of settlement or certificate of organization of an insurer of another State or foreign country, $20.00.
(2) Filing the statement of any such insurer on admission, $20.00.
(3) Filing each annual statement of each insurer, $20.00.
(4) Each certificate of authority to an agent of an insurer, $5.00.
(5) Computing the value of policies of insurers, $0.30 per $1,000.00 of value so computed for the first $1,000,000.00 of the value, $0.10 per thousand for the next $9,000,000.00, $0.05 per thousand for the next $240,000,000.00, $0.02 per thousand for the next $250,000,000.00 and $0.01 per thousand for that part of the value so computed in excess of $500,000,000.00, except that, until the time the fee so computed exceeds the fee paid for the 1930 valuation, the latter amount shall be paid instead.
(6) Each certificate of valuation of the policies, $1.00.
(7) Each certificate of the condition or qualification of an insurer, $1.00.
(8) Each service of lawful process upon the commissioner as attorney, $10.00.
(9) Each copy of any paper filed in the department, for each sheet or folio of 100 words, $0.20.
(10) Certifying the same, $1.00.
(11) For services in connection with deposits of securities by domestic insurers, the depositing insurer shall pay to the commissioner an annual fee of $15.00 on January 1 of each year and on each substitution of securities and clipping and forwarding of interest coupon an additional fee of $25.00.
L.1971, c. 144, s. 17B:21-7.