2017 New Jersey Revised Statutes
TITLE 12A - COMMERCIAL TRANSACTIONS
Section 12A:2-330 - Definitions
As used in this act:
(1) "Art dealer" means a person engaged in the business of selling crafts and works of fine art, other than a person exclusively engaged in the business of selling goods at public auction.
(2) "Artist" means an individual who is the creator of a craft or work of fine art.
(3) "Commission" means a fee, compensation or percentage of the actual selling price of a craft or work of fine art, which has been agreed upon by the artist and an art dealer, and to which the art dealer is entitled after completion of the sale of the craft or work of fine art to a third party.
(4) "Consignee" means a person who accepts a craft or work of fine art delivered to the person on consignment.
(5) "Consignor" means a person who delivers, or causes the delivery, of a craft or work of fine art to an art dealer on consignment.
(6) "Craft" means an artistic rendition created using any medium, including, but not limited to, a collage and other works consisting of any combination of painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and manual creation in clay, textile, fiber, wood, metal, plastic, glass, stone, leather or similar materials.
(7) "Fine art" means an original work of visual or graphic art created using any medium, including but not limited to, a painting, drawing or sculpture.
(8) "On consignment" means delivered into the possession and control of a person in whom title to the delivered object does not vest but who, by agreement with the consignor, is authorized to convey the consignor's right, title and interest in the object to a third person.
L. 1987, c. 132, s. 2.