2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Property
Section 46:3B-6 - Investigation Of Allegations; Hearings; Powers; Denial, Suspension Or Revocation Of Certificate; Hearing; Grounds
46:3B-6. Investigation of allegations; hearings; powers; denial, suspension or revocation of certificate; hearing; grounds
a. The commissioner, upon the complaint of an aggrieved person, may conduct investigations into the allegations made against any builder required to be registered under this act. In pursuit of such investigations, the commissioner shall be authorized to hold hearings in accordance with the provisions of the Administrative Procedures Act (P.L.1968, c. 410, C. 52:14B-1 et seq.) applicable to contested cases, to subpena witnesses and compel their attendance, to require the production of papers, records or documents, administer oaths or affirmations to witnesses, to inspect such relevant books, papers, records or documents of such builder at his place of business during business hours, and to conduct inspections of new home construction sites owned by a builder or in which a builder has an ownership interest.
b. The commissioner may deny, suspend or revoke any certificate of registration, after affording the registrant or applicant the opportunity for a hearing in accordance with the provisions of the Administrative Procedures Act (P.L.1968, c. 410, C. 52:14B-1 et seq.) applicable to contested cases, if the registrant or applicant has:
(1) Willfully made a misstatement of a material fact in his application for registration or renewal;
(2) Willfully committed fraud in the practice of his occupation;
(3) Practiced his occupation in a grossly negligent manner;
(4) Willfully violated any applicable building code to substantial degree;
(5) Failed to continue his participation in the new home warranty security fund or an approved alternate new home warranty security program after proper notice from the commissioner in writing by certified mail; or
(6) Violated any provision of this act or any rule or regulation adopted pursuant thereto, after proper notice from the commissioner in writing by certified mail.
L.1977, c. 467, s. 6.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.