2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Property
Section 46:30B-97 - Enforcement. Actions In Superior Court
46:30B-97. Enforcement. Actions in Superior Court
46:30B-97. Enforcement. Actions in Superior Court.
a. The administrator, for and on behalf of the State of New Jersey, may commence an action, summary or otherwise, in the Chancery Division of the Superior Court:
(1) for an adjudication that certain property is unclaimed and payable or distributable to the administrator;
(2) to compel presentation of a report or payment or distribution of property to the administrator;
(3) to enforce the duty of a person to permit the examination or audit of the records of that person;
(4) to enjoin any act that violates the public policy or provisions of this chapter; or
(5) to enforce any aspect of this chapter in any manner.
b. The administrator may commence an action in the Chancery Division of the Superior Court in the following situations:
(1) the holder is a person domiciled in this State, or is the State of New Jersey, a county or municipal subdivision of the State, or is an authority, agency, instrumentality, administration, service, or other organization of the State or its political subdivisions;
(2) the holder is a person engaged in or transacting any business in this State, although not domiciled in this State. Source: New.
L.1989, c.58, s.1.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.