2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 4 - Agriculture And Domestic Animals
Section 4:9-21.3 - Information Affixed To Each Package Of Agricultural Liming Materials
4:9-21.3.Information affixed to each package of agricultural liming materials
3. (a) Agricultural liming materials sold or offered for sale in the State shall have affixed to each package in a conspicuous manner on the outside thereof, a plainly printed, stamped or otherwise marked label, tag or statement, or in the case of bulk sales, a delivery slip, setting forth at least the following information:
(1) The name and principal office address of the licensee.
(2) The brand or trade name of the material.
(3) The identification of the product as to the type of the agricultural liming material.
(4) The net weight of the agricultural liming material.
(5) The fineness classification of all materials except burnt lime, hydrated lime and marl. A material shall be labeled as fine sized when at least 95% by weight passes through a 20 mesh sieve, 60% by weight passes through a 60 mesh sieve and 50% by weight passes through a 100 mesh sieve. A material shall be labeled as medium sized when at least 90% by weight passes through a 20 mesh sieve, 50% by weight passes through a 60 mesh sieve, and 30% by weight passes through a 100 mesh sieve. A material shall be labeled as coarse sized when the material fails to meet minimums for the fine sized and the medium sized classification.
(6)The minimum percentage on a dry weight basis of calcium and magnesium.
(7) (Deleted by amendment, P.L.1995, c.390).
(8) The calcium carbonate equivalent.
(9) The effective neutralizing value.
(b) (Deleted by amendment, P.L.1995, c.390).
(c) No information or statement shall appear on any package, label or delivery slip or advertising matter which is false or misleading to the purchaser as to the quality, analysis, type or composition of the agricultural liming material.
(d) In the case of any material which has been adulterated subsequent to packaging, labeling or loading thereof and before delivery to the consumer, a plainly marked notice to that effect shall be affixed by the vendor to the package or delivery slip such notice to identify the kind and degree of such adulteration therein.
(e)At every site from which agricultural liming materials are delivered in bulk and at every place where consumer orders for bulk deliveries are placed, there shall be conspicuously posted a copy of the statement required by this section for each brand of material.
L.1968,c.392,s.3; amended 1975,c.140,s.1; 1995,c.390,s.2.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.