2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 4 - Agriculture And Domestic Animals
Section 4:4-20.5 - Labeling
A commercial feed shall be labeled as follows:
a. In case of a commercial feed, except a customer formula feed, it shall be accompanied by a label bearing the following information:
(1) The net weight or contents as provided by regulation.
(2) The product name and the brand name, if any, under which the commercial feed is distributed.
(3) The guaranteed analysis stated in such terms as the State board by regulation determines is required to advise the user of the composition of the feed or to support claims made in the labeling. In all cases, the substances or elements must be determinable by laboratory methods from generally recognized sources such as the methods published by the Association of Official Analytical Chemists.
(4) The common or usual name of each ingredient used in the manufacture of the commercial feed, provided that the State board by regulation may permit the use of a collective term for a group of ingredients which perform a similar function, or it may exempt such commercial feeds, or any group thereof, from this requirement of an ingredient statement if it finds that such statement is not required in the interest of consumers.
(5) The name and principal mailing address of the manufacturer or the person responsible for distributing the commercial feed.
(6) Adequate directions for use for all commercial feeds containing drugs and for such other feeds as the State board may require by regulation as necessary for their safe and effective use.
(7) Such warning or caution statements as the State board by regulation determines are necessary for the safe and effective use of the commercial feed.
(8) The amount of any drug stated in an appropriate manner in a prominent place.
b. In the case of a customer formula feed, it shall be accompanied by a label, invoice, delivery slip, or other shipping document, bearing the following information:
(1) Name and address of the manufacturer.
(2) Name and address of the purchaser.
(3) Date of delivery.
(4) The product name and brand name, if any, and the net weight of the customer formula feed.
(5) Adequate directions for use for all customer formula feeds containing drugs and for such other feeds as the State board may require by regulation as necessary for their safe and effective use.
(6) Such warning or caution statements as the State board by regulation determines are necessary for the safe and effective use of the customer formula feed.
c. Label and nonquantitative listings of ingredients of formulae shall be submitted to the department upon request.
L.1970, c. 338, s. 5, eff. Jan. 1, 1971.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.