2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 4 - Agriculture And Domestic Animals
Section 4:24-30 - Members; Appointment, Term, Removal, Etc., Expenses

NJ Rev Stat § 4:24-30 (2016) What's This?

4:24-30. Members; appointment, term, removal, etc., expenses
Where the supervisors of any district organized under the provisions of this chapter shall adopt land-use regulations in accordance with the provisions of article 7 of this chapter (s. 4:24-23 et seq.), they shall further provide for the establishment of a board of adjustment. Such board of adjustment shall consist of three members, each to be appointed for a term of three years, except that the members first appointed shall be appointed for terms of one, two and three years, respectively. The members of each such board of adjustment shall be appointed by the state soil conservation committee, with the advice of the supervisors of the district for which such board has been established, and shall be removable, upon notice and hearing, for neglect of duty or malfeasance in office, but for no other reason, such hearing to be conducted by the state soil conservation committee. Vacancies in the board of adjustment shall be filled in the same manner as original appointments, and shall be for the unexpired term. Members of the state soil conservation committee and the supervisors of the district shall be ineligible to appointment as members of the board of adjustment during their tenure of such other office. The members of the board of adjustment shall receive no compensation for their services, but they shall be entitled to expenses, necessarily incurred in the discharge of their duties. The supervisors shall pay the necessary administrative and other expenses incurred by the board, upon the certificate of the chairman of the board.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.