2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 39 - Motor Vehicles And Traffic Regulation
Section 39:3-26.2 - Application; Issuance; Contents
39:3-26.2. Application; issuance; contents
a. A property owner wishing a crossing permit under the terms of this act shall make application to the director, setting forth the number and types of vehicles which may cross the public highway, the anticipated frequency of crossings, and the proposed location or locations of such crossings, and shall supply such further information as the director may deem necessary, in such form and detail as the director shall require.
b. After receipt of the application and of the required fee, and having determined to his satisfaction that the proposed crossings may be permitted without danger of damage to the highway or hazard to the public traveling along such highway, the director shall issue a crossing permit, which shall specify:
(1) the vehicle or vehicles, or type or types of vehicles permitted to cross;
(2) the location or locations of the crossing or crossings permitted, provided that the width of any such crossing zone be no greater than 150 feet;
(3) any warning signs or other safety devices or precautions, and their location with respect to the location of the crossing or crossings, which are to be erected and maintained by the holder of the permit at his expense, and which are deemed necessary for safety;
(4) any safety devices or other equipment, including lights to be installed and used upon vehicles making the crossing;
(5) any restrictions upon the time of day at which such crossings may be made; and
(6) any other terms and conditions which the director deems necessary in order to secure the safety of the public or to protect the highway from damage.
L.1973, c. 6, s. 2, eff. Jan. 16, 1973.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.