2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 30 - Institutions And Agencies
Section 30:8-16.7 - County Corrections Advisory Board; Comprehensive Plan; Contents; Application For Assistance
30:8-16.7. County corrections advisory board; comprehensive plan; contents; application for assistance
a. The governing body of each county participating in the financial assistance program under this act shall establish a 12 member county corrections advisory board. The membership of the board, appointed by the governing body of the county, shall be representative of the areas of criminal justice, the judiciary, corrections, education, social services, ethnic minorities and the general public. The board shall be responsible for the development of a comprehensive plan for developing, implementing, operating and improving county correctional services, which shall be submitted to the governing body of the county for its approval. The board, at least annually, shall make a formal recommendation to the governing body of the county concerning the implementation and operation of the plan for the forthcoming year.
b. In addition to such matters as are prescribed by rules and regulations promulgated by the commissioner, the comprehensive plan of each county shall provide for:
(1) The availability and use of a specific amount of bed space to be reserved for prisoners remanded by the State;
(2) The location and description of facilities that will be used by the county pursuant to the purposes of this act including, but not limited to, county jails, penitentiaries, houses of detention, workhouses, work release centers and halfway houses;
(3) Per diem reimbursement rates favorable to the State in recognition of its contribution to the construction or renovation costs of the county correctional facilities but which take into consideration the additional cost of State mandated programs;
(4) The centralized administration and control of county correctional services, taking into account established provisions for probation and parole services;
(5) The manner in which counties that jointly apply for participation under this act will operate a coordinated regional county corrections program; and
(6) A schedule of specific expenditures and priorities for the use of the grant moneys.
c. Any county applying for financial assistance made available under this act shall apply in a form and manner prescribed by the commissioner.
d. Prior to receiving a grant of financial assistance under this act, the governing body of each participating county shall submit a comprehensive plan for the development, implementation, operation and improvement of county correctional services to the commissioner for his approval.
L.1981, c. 498, s. 5, eff. Jan. 12, 1982.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.