2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2b - Court Organization And Civil Code
Section 2B:10-7 - Disposition Of Furnishings, Office Equipment; Service Agreements; Provision Of Claim, Insurance Information
2B:10-7. Disposition of furnishings, office equipment; service agreements; provision of claim, insurance information
7. a. By September 1, 1994, a list shall be jointly developed by the Administrative Office of the Courts and the governing body of each county of the furnishings and office equipment currently used by the courts which shall become the property of the State on January 1, 1995.
b. (1) The Administrative Office of the Courts and the individual county governments may enter into service agreements for:
(a) Those services the Administrative Office of the Courts determines are necessary for the county to provide for the operations of the courts in each county;
(b) The portion of the base year amount comprising debt service or lease payments for furnishings and office equipment; and
(c) Any other services or costs jointly agreed upon by the parties as necessary to the smooth transition or continued operation of the court system.
(2) If the services referred to in subparagraph (a) of paragraph (1) of subsection b. of this section had been previously provided by the county, it shall be in the sole discretion of the Administrative Office of the Courts that the services be continued, and that the county shall provide the services for a cost in approximate proportion to the cost determined in the base year amount, subject to annual cost increases negotiated by the parties.
(3) Disputes as to continuance of service and charges by the county for such services may be determined by the director and made in a manner similar to that described in section 5 of P.L.1993, c.275 (C.2B:10-5).
(4) Revenue received by the county for the service agreement shall be appropriated in accordance with the "Local Budget Law," N.J.S.40A:4-1 et seq.
c. (1) By September 1, 1994 the counties shall provide to the Administrative Office of the Courts the following:
(a) a listing of all Notices of Claims which were filed after January 1, 1994;
(b) a loss history for all lines of insurance or self insurance for the past five years;
(c) a listing of all worker's compensation, occupational, ongoing medical and dependency claims prior to January 1, 1995;
(d) a listing of all outstanding claims with insurance carriers or against third parties;
(e) a listing of all vehicles with accident damage that will be transferred pursuant to this section;
(f) plans for all facilities and construction and age information on the facilities required by the companies currently insuring the contents.
(2) Any workers' compensation claim filed by a judicial employee of a county, any tort claim, or any auto liability claim arising out of the maintenance, operation or use of any vehicle by a judicial employee of a county where the date of loss was prior to January 1, 1995 shall be the liability of the county.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.