2016 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 2a - Administration Of Civil And Criminal Justice
Section 2A:4-30.172 - Notice of registration of order.
2A:4-30.172 Notice of registration of order.
49. Notice of registration of order.
a. When a support order or income-withholding order issued in another state or a foreign support order is registered, the registering tribunal of this State shall notify the nonregistering party. The notice shall be accompanied by a copy of the registered order and the documents and relevant information accompanying the order.
b. A notice shall inform the nonregistering party:
(1) that a registered support order is enforceable as of the date of registration in the same manner as an order issued by a tribunal of this State;
(2) that a hearing to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order shall be requested within 20 days after notice unless the registered order is under section 67 of this act;
(3) that failure to contest the validity or enforcement of the registered order in a timely manner will result in confirmation of the order and enforcement of the order and the alleged arrearages; and
(4) of the amount of any alleged arrearages.
c. If the registering party asserts that two or more orders are in effect, a notice shall also:
(1) identify the two or more orders and the order alleged by the registering party to be the controlling order and the consolidated arrears, if any;
(2) notify the nonregistering party of the right to a determination of which is the controlling order;
(3) state that the procedures provided in subsection b. apply to the determination of which is the controlling order; and
(4) state that failure to contest the validity or enforcement of the order alleged to be the controlling order in a timely manner may result in confirmation that the order is the controlling order.
d. Upon registration of an income-withholding order for enforcement, the support enforcement agency or the registering tribunal shall notify the obligor's employer pursuant to the "New Jersey Child Support Program Improvement Act," P.L.1998, c.1 (C.2A:17-56.7a et al.).
L.2016, c.1, s.49.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.