2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 42 - PARTNERSHIPS AND PARTNERSHIP ASSOCIATIONS
Section 42:2A-8.1 - Change of registered office or agent
42:2A-8.1. Change of registered office or agent
Change of registered office or agent. a. A domestic limited partnership or a foreign limited partnership authorized to do business in this State may change its registered office or its registered agent or both. When the registered office is changed, or when the registered agent is changed, or dies, resigns, is removed, or becomes disqualified, the general partner or partners, unless otherwise provided in the partnership agreement, shall, as provided in the following subsection, establish the address of the new registered office, or designate the successor agent, or both, as the case may be.
b. The limited partnership shall file in the office of the Secretary of State a certificate executed by the general partner or partners on behalf of the limited partnership setting forth:
(1) The name of the limited partnership;
(2) The name of the registered agent if the registered agent is being changed, then the name of the registered agent being succeeded and the successor registered agent;
(3) The address of the registered office if the registered office is being changed, then the address of the registered office immediately prior to the change, and the address including the actual location as well as the postal designation, if different, of the new registered office;
(4) A statement that the address of the registered office and the address of its registered agent will be identical after the change or changes; and
(5) That the change or changes set forth in the certificate is or are made by the general partner or partners on behalf of the limited partnership, unless the partnership agreement otherwise provides, in which case the certificate shall set forth briefly the authority pursuant to which the change is being made.
The change of the registered office and registered agent or either named in the certificate shall become effective upon the filing date of or at such later time, not to exceed 30 days after the date of filing, as may be set forth in the certificate.
L. 1988, c. 130, s. 40.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.