2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Section 42:2A-20 - Amendment or cancellation by judicial act

NJ Rev Stat § 42:2A-20 (2013) What's This?

42:2A-20. Amendment or cancellation by judicial act
If a person required to execute a certificate of amendment or cancellation fails or refuses to do so, any other partner, and any assignee of a partnership interest, who is adversely affected by the failure or refusal, may file a complaint in the Superior Court, for an order or judgment to direct the amendment or cancellation. The court may proceed in the action in a summary manner or otherwise. If the court finds that the amendment or cancellation is proper and that any person so designated has failed or refused to execute the certificate, a copy of the order or judgment shall serve as the required certificate.

A certified copy of the order or judgment setting forth the amendment or cancellation shall be filed in the office of the Secretary of State.

L.1983, c. 489, s. 19, eff. April 1, 1985.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.