2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 42 - PARTNERSHIPS AND PARTNERSHIP ASSOCIATIONS
Section 42:1A-51 - Statement of foreign qualification; filing
42:1A-51. Statement of foreign qualification; filing
51. a. Before transacting business in this State, a foreign limited liability partnership shall file a statement of foreign qualification in the office of the Division of Commercial Recording in the Department of the Treasury. The statement shall contain:
(1) the name of the foreign limited liability partnership which satisfies the requirements of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law it is formed and ends with "Registered Limited Liability Partnership", "Limited Liability Partnership", "R.L.L.P.", "L.L.P.", "RLLP," or "LLP";
(2) the street address of the partnership's chief executive office and, if different, the street address of an office of the partnership in this State, if any;
(3) if there is no office of the partnership in this State, the name and street address of the partnership's agent for service of process; and
(4) a deferred effective date, if any.
b.The agent of a foreign limited liability company for service of process shall be an individual who is a resident of this State or other person authorized to do business in this State.
c.The status of a partnership as a foreign limited liability partnership is effective on the later of the filing of the statement of foreign qualification or a date specified in the statement. The status remains effective, regardless of changes in the partnership, until it is canceled pursuant to subsection d. of section 6 of this act or revoked pursuant to section 49 of this act.
d.An amendment or cancellation of a statement of foreign qualification is effective when it is filed or on a deferred effective date specified in the amendment or cancellation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.