2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 42 - PARTNERSHIPS AND PARTNERSHIP ASSOCIATIONS
Section 42:1A-49 - Annual report; filing
42:1A-49. Annual report; filing
49. a. A limited liability partnership, and a foreign limited liability partnership authorized to transact business in this State, shall file an annual report in the office of the Division of Commercial Recording in the Department of the Treasury which contains:
(1) the name of the limited liability partnership and the state or other jurisdiction under whose laws the foreign limited liability partnership is formed;
(2) the street address of the partnership's chief executive office and, if different, the street address of an office of the partnership in this State, if any; and
(3) if the partnership does not have an office in this State, the name and street address of the partnership's current agent for service of process.
b.An annual report shall be filed each year following the calendar year in which a partnership files a statement of qualification or a foreign partnership becomes authorized to transact business in this State.
c.The State Treasurer may revoke the statement of qualification of a partnership that fails to file an annual report when due or pay the required filing fee. To do so, the State Treasurer shall provide the partnership at least 60 days' written notice of intent to revoke the statement. The notice shall be mailed to the partnership at its chief executive office set forth in the last filed statement of qualification or annual report. The notice shall specify the annual report that has not been filed, the fee that has not been paid, and the effective date of the revocation. The revocation is not effective if the annual report is filed and the fee is paid before the effective date of the revocation.
d.A revocation under subsection c. of this section only affects a partnership's status as a limited liability partnership and is not an event of dissolution of the partnership.
e.A partnership whose statement of qualification has been revoked may apply to the Division of Commercial Recording in the Department of the Treasury for reinstatement within two years after the effective date of the revocation. The application shall state:
(1) the name of the partnership and the effective date of the revocation; and
(2) that the ground for revocation either did not exist or has been corrected.
f.A reinstatement under subsection e. of this section relates back to and takes effect as of the effective date of the revocation, and the partnership's status as a limited liability partnership continues as if the revocation had never occurred.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.