2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 34 - LABOR AND WORKMEN'S COMPENSATION
Section 34:1B-38 - Definitions
As used in this act:
a. "Fund" means the New Jersey Local Development Financing Fund established in section 4 of this act.
b. "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of the Department of Commerce and Economic Development or his designated representative, which may be the New Jersey Economic Development Authority.
c. "Sponsor" means the governing body of a municipality or, with the approval of the government of a municipality, a local development corporation, community development corporation, municipal port authority established pursuant to the provisions of P.L.1960, c. 192 (C. 40:68A-29 et seq.), or governing body of a county, or, with the approval of the government of a county, a county development corporation or other public entity designated by the commissioner as a sponsor.
d. "Municipality" means a municipality qualifying for aid pursuant to P.L.1978, c. 14 (C. 52:27D-178 et seq.) or which would qualify under that act except for the population criterion.
e. "Project" means an industrial or commercial enterprise within a municipality that would not be undertaken in its intended scope without the provision of financial assistance pursuant to this act and will be economically viable with the assistance.
f. "Eligible project" means a project which has been approved by the commissioner to receive financial assistance from the New Jersey Local Development Financing Fund.
g. "Eligible project cost" means the cost of planning, developing, executing, and making operative an industrial or commercial redevelopment project. Eligible project cost includes the cost:
(1) Of purchasing, leasing, condemning, or otherwise acquiring land or other property, or an interest therein, in the designated project area or as necessary for a right-of-way or other easement to or from the project area;
(2) Incurred for, or in connection with or incidental to, acquiring and managing the land, property or interest;
(3) Incurred for or in connection with the relocating and moving of persons displaced by the acquisition;
(4) Of development or redevelopment, including:
(a) The comprehensive renovation or rehabilitation of the land, property or interest;
(b) The cost of equipment and fixtures which are part of the real estate and the cost of production machinery and equipment necessary for the operation of the project;
(c) The cost of energy conservation improvements designed to encourage the efficient use of energy resources, including renewable and alternative energy resources and cogenerating facilities; and
(d) The disposition of land or other property for these purposes;
(5) Of demolishing, removing, relocating, renovating, altering, constructing, reconstructing, installing or repairing any land or any building, street, highway, alley, utility, service or other structure or improvement;
(6) Of acquisition, construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation or installation of public facilities and improvements necessary to a project; and
(7) Incurred for or incidental to doing anything enumerated in this subsection, including the cost and expense of securing:
(a) Administrative, appraisal, economic and environmental analyses;
(b) Engineering service;
(c) Planning service;
(d) Design service;
(e) Architectural service;
(f) Surveying service; and
(g) Other professional service.
L.1983, c. 190, s. 3, eff. May 23, 1983. Amended by L.1983, c. 326, s. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1983.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.