2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 34 - LABOR AND WORKMEN'S COMPENSATION
Section 34:1B-142 - Eligibility for economic development site funds
34:1B-142 Eligibility for economic development site funds
8. a. To be eligible to receive monies from the "1996 Economic Development Site Fund," established pursuant to section 20 of P.L.1996, c.70, an economic development site project must meet at least two of the following criteria:
(1) The project will support or enhance the existing economic base of the region in which it is located, which may include, but need not be limited to, the agricultural, tourism and commercial sectors, or improvements to the region's infrastructure;
(2) The project will result in the rehabilitation or expansion of existing facilities in the region in which it is located;
(3) The project will result in the creation or retention of jobs in the region in which it is located; and
(4) The project will foster the development of business or commercial ventures which will promote long-term economic growth in the region in which it is located.
b. No monies from the "1996 Economic Development Site Fund," established pursuant to section 20 of P.L.1996, c.70, shall be expended for an economic development site outside of the Delaware River and Bay Region.
c. For the purposes of sections 6, 7 and 8 of P.L.1997, c.97 (C.34:1B-140, C.34:1B-141 and C.34:1B-142): "Delaware River and Bay Region" means all the State territory located within the "port district," as defined pursuant to section 1(6) of P.L.1951, c.288 (C.32:3-13.23); and "economic development site" means land, equipment, buildings, appurtenant infrastructure and miscellaneous site improvements designed to promote economic activity and new jobs in the Delaware River and Bay Region.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.