2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 34 - LABOR AND WORKMEN'S COMPENSATION
Section 34:1A-82 - Responsibilities of council
34:1A-82 Responsibilities of council
2. The council shall be responsible for:
a. Making a study of the undocumented alien population in this State, including, but not limited to:
(1) An estimate of whether the number of undocumented aliens in this State is increasing, decreasing or relatively stable;
(2) A determination of the source countries from which undocumented aliens have come and paths of entry into and exit from the State, including a finding as to whether there is a one-way stream or a back and forth flow from the source countries;
(3) Factors which are considered attractors for undocumented aliens;
(4) Factors which maintain the presence of undocumented aliens once in this State; and
(5) A determination of the impact of the presence of undocumented aliens on the employment opportunities of persons legally resident in this State.
b. Providing advice and recommendations to the department and the Legislature for remedial action or legislation, or both, as appropriate, with respect to the impact of undocumented aliens on employment opportunities for those legally resident within this State.
c. Reviewing any relevant matters submitted to it by other persons or entities.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.