2013 New Jersey Revised Statutes
Title 34 - LABOR AND WORKMEN'S COMPENSATION
Section 34:1A-1.3 - Transfer of workforce development programs from DHS.
34:1A-1.3 Transfer of workforce development programs from DHS.
2. a. To the extent not inconsistent with any federal law, and notwithstanding any other State law, all employment-directed and workforce development programs and activities of the Department of Human Services which are funded through the Work First New Jersey program established pursuant to P.L.1997, c.38 (C.44:10-55 et seq.), the federal "Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996," Pub.L.104-193, 42 U.S.C. s.601 et seq., and the federal Food Stamp Act of 1977, Pub.L.95-113, 7 U.S.C. s. 2011 et seq. are hereby transferred to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
b.The employment-directed and workforce development programs and activities which shall be transferred from the Department of Human Services to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development pursuant to this section and provided by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall include, but not be limited to:
(2)Labor market information;
(4)Development of Employability Development Plans;
(5)Employment-directed case management;
(6)Subsidized and unsubsidized employment in the public and private sectors;
(7)Job search and readiness programs;
(8)Community work experience programs;
(9)Alternative work experience programs;
(10) Community service programs;
(11) On-the -job training;
(12) Vocational education and training;
(13) Employment-related education and job skill training;
(14) Basic skills and literacy training;
(15) Work-related educational enhancements;
(16) A proportionate share of employment and training related expenses;
(17) Referral and access to work support services, including transport and childcare services;
(18) Early employment initiative; and
(19) Career advancement vouchers.
c.The programmatic, administrative and support staff and equipment comprising the employment-directed and workforce development programs and activities in the Department of Human Services are transferred to the Department of Labor and Workforce Development pursuant to this section and the "State Agency Transfer Act, "P.L.1971, c.375 (C.52:14D-1 et seq.), with all of their functions, powers and duties and a proportionate share of the resources to maintain the programs and activities.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. New Jersey may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.